Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I hate a Hummer

Old 01-10-2012, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will admit, when i decided to get out of sports cars last month and dive into the 4x4 community- the Hummer was one of the ones I was looking at. I am very happy with the choice I made for sure, and I definately wouldnt wanna be on the "other side" now. Interesting though what everyone has to say, and you dont have to read through the forums to know that this competition thing is alive and well. I seen it right away with those guys when I started driving a Jeep
Old 01-10-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jdk
The Jeep hummer thing has be around a while, I have owned both and wheeled both. The Jeep is far more superior off road then the hummer. Next time you run across one just say "I can take you places your On Star button couldn't find you."
Ha Ha! I want a bumper sticker for my Jeep that says that.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JGP4JK
It all comes down to ignorance. It's like the guys who drop thousands on their pickup (ie: lift, wheels, tires, etc.) and the thing NEVER sees the dirt or a trail. They just drop the money because it "looks good", not because it's a practical means of pure, wholesome fun.
My neighbor got a 2012 Ram 2500 Diesel, 6" lift, 37" Mud Grapplers last week. We went to the feed store, loaded 20 bags of feed in the back, that was a Beotch of a throw each time. When we get to his house, he parks in his driveway because he doesn't want to get the damn thing muddy.

Fracking Really?!?!? We carried bags of feed 2 at a time to his shed through the mud because he didn't want to get his truck dirty.

Lucky's he's pretty much family.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
Ha Ha! I want a bumper sticker for my Jeep that says that.

Me too....already started looking online for one
Old 01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

So you feel superior, turned up your radio and smirked at him, but you aren't competing? Interesting
Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never understood the anti-hummer thing; who cares?
Old 01-10-2012, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like to let the other pickups and suvs feel big and bad. I just laugh when I am pulling them out of rough spots
Old 01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by milcoast
Ok...update. So I roll down my windows- put in "Take a Back Road" by Rodney Atkins, cranked it up and gave a half cocked smile like Burt Reynolds gave the cops in Smokey and the Bandit and eased up. Who cares that I'm a 41 yr old father of 4 and acting like this. Still full of testosterone

I watched an h3 or h2.. who cares.. stop along my house at a stop sign yesterday. The thing is so ugly. I don't like to bash stuff but all these jeepers who don't like color matched hard tops and whatnot and are afraid of their jeep looking like a hummer... get your eyes checked. Almost every vehicle looks like another somewhere and our jeeps are not only better looking, but don't even come close to looking like a tonk a truck on steroids walking around venice beach with cheap gangster bling.

Also got a jeep wave from an old guy last night. What a good feeling.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jam0905
So you feel superior, turned up your radio and smirked at him, but you aren't competing? Interesting
Ok sure you got me. And sucked all the fun out of the thread. Didn't mean to upset other Jeep guys
Old 01-10-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well not gonna lie, i kinda like hummers, i think the h3T would be a nice truck to have. I would love to have an H1, they seem really fun, but i dont really like h2s all that much. I like both jeeps and hummers. There are some jeeps that i dont like too though like the compass and patriot

Quick Reply: I hate a Hummer