Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I hate a Hummer

Old 01-10-2012, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by milcoast
Those guys ease up beside me and look at me with a look that I can't tell what it means- but I don't like that either. I feel a tad superior in my JK and not intimidated in any way. You guys that's been "Jeeping" so much longer- explain to me what this is about?
I call it penis envy.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 AM
BHZ
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
Ha Ha! I want a bumper sticker for my Jeep that says that.
Pixel Decals makes custom stickers for a good price.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I own both....JK and a Hummer. It's funny how the Jeep vs Hummer thing is. Most of the time the jeep people always waves.....Hummer folks don't. Between Hummers the 3's like each other, but a 3 and a 2 just won't even look at each other on the road.
I think it's a little foolish personally, but I have wheeled both, and both have their own capabilities.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by milcoast
I've never started a thread since becoming a member here last month. I'm actually sitting in traffic in Jacksonville as I type this one. I am staring at a couple Hummers, and I don't like em. Those guys ease up beside me and look at me with a look that I can't tell what it means- but I don't like that either. I feel a tad superior in my JK and not intimidated in any way. You guys that's been "Jeeping" so much longer- explain to me what this is about? Apparently it's a pissing contest to those guys, maybe a competition that they feel like they are in....but they are in it alone far as I'm concerned- they can't compete. Hhhmmmm.....I'll stop there so I can now ease up beside of them and come up with a look to return lol. Jackasses. Jeeps Rock
milcoast, the look they might be giving you is one of envy!
After all, Jeeps are still made and have been used many more years then a Hummer.
2012 Jeeps are available but a 2012 Hummer?... even China didn't want them.
Then to top it off they paid more for it..
Old 01-11-2012, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only Hummer I have any respect for is the H1, the last two models are P.O.S. I love pulling up next to H2 and H3's just knowing that they have some very overpriced Government Motor products that just suck and are ugly as turds
Old 01-11-2012, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I still dont understand the animosity between the two, since both were once the same company. i love the H1, and would own one if i could find one i could afford.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the H3 and the H2, the H2 "SUT" particularly looks good, but the H1 is badass; I still love those things.
My black 11' JKU Rubi is great, but the H1 is about 10x tougher looking; especially the Alphas.
Some day some one will build another H1 type vehicle (not those China copies), hopefully updated, and more reliable, and I'd definately be looking at one.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

JEEP and Hummer were never made by the same company JEEP is JEEP Hummer is American General i believe backed by GM
Old 01-11-2012, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iphonedylan
I think they're kind of ridiculous but it seems the majority of the time it's the driver. Same thing with motorcycles: I own two Harleys but I like everything on two wheels. On the other hand, based on first impressions I think a lot riders are f@$%ing idiots, ESPECIALLY the Harley douchers who have a separate "riding" wardrobe for their weekly Saturday pilgrimage to buy another overpriced t-shirt.
It's a requirement that to drive a harley you must look like a pirate.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Wasn't the h1 made by amc? And that's why the h2 and h3 suck, GM!

Quick Reply: I hate a Hummer