Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I was just trolling a Hummer forum...

Old 03-13-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ROFL, I was laghing at that too. Just didn't feel like registering and explaining it to him, that it's because of people like him, Hummers get a bad rep. lol
Old 03-13-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Those guys get about as off topic as we do once they start getting bored witht he discussion. It went from Hummer VS Wrangler to property taxes.
So, what are your property taxes?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Junkie

What I liked most is the one dude who owns both vehicles and is giving objective information without totally telling the Hummer guys their full of poop.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

I got about 2 pages deep and had to fight the urge to register on their site and post a response... it's just typical "I don't want to admit that mine isn't best" syndrome. Same as on this site, when someone asks "which lift/CAI/gearing/winch/bumper/tire is best?" - the answer is (conveniently) always the same as whatever the poster owns!

All that being said, I KNOW that my Jeep can outwheel an H2 or H3... no question in my mind whatsoever.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow! I don't know about the H3, never seen one off road yet. But the H2 that I saw trying to off road did for $hit.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Can't we all just get along???

Come one guys, we are all 4wd off-roaders here, well most of us.

Yes MOST H2s and H3s are "mall crawlers", but so are the some of the JKs. Not as many, but there are some.

I personally don't see a reason for buying a huge-ass SUV if you don't go off-roading or if you don't have to tow a boat.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I got about 2 pages deep and had to fight the urge to register on their site and post a response... it's just typical "I don't want to admit that mine isn't best" syndrome. Same as on this site, when someone asks "which lift/CAI/gearing/winch/bumper/tire is best?" - the answer is (conveniently) always the same as whatever the poster owns!

All that being said, I KNOW that my Jeep can outwheel an H2 or H3... no question in my mind whatsoever.
I know my Jeep can outwheel your Jeep. PZZT! Just kidding. This whole Hummer vs Jeep vs FJ vs whatever is funny.

Jeep was designed and built for the SOLE purpose of driving off road. The new Jeeps have WAY more comfort than previous years, but are still manufactured to drive off road.

Hummer was designed to replace the Jeep for military use; then they went public and GM bought them. The H2 is based on the Chevy Tahoe/Suburban frame and suspension. The H3 is based on the Blazer/Avalance frame and suspension. Stock H2s and H3s have the same off-road capability as the Chevy truck line.

GM marketed Hummers for new age disposable income Yuppies. Jeep went for the folks who were Yuppies, but wanted a vehicle that could make it to their favorite camp site.

So, which is better? My JK. 'Cause it's mine.

Ironically, on other Jeep sites there is the very same argument but between JKs and TJs (and I think the old TJ vs YJ argument is still around).
Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Seryoga
TROLL. lol

That actually was a very interesting thread. Lots of info. That "importkiller" guy knows a lot.

BTW, I loved how he defended a stuck Jeep pic with a stuck H2 pic. hahaha
he also stated that, if it's not a rubi it's worthless...
Most of the jeeps i see wheeling aren't rubicons...
Old 03-13-2008, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MAROONJEEP
The first post says it all in my eyes.

So, I own a H2. Why is it that I see so much hatred from Wrangler owners? Yet they always seem to be adminring the H2 when we pass. Theres a guy on my way home that has a bumper sticker that says "If I wanted a Hummer I'd call your sister" And his plate says H2 SUX. Why all the hate? This is my first H2 and I will someday hopefully take it off roading, any one know of a local off raoding club in the Northern Virginia area?

And, how does the jeeps compare to Hummers as in off roading capabilities?
Hahahaha I love it. I live in NOVA and am going up to big dogs in my Rubi next month. I'd be glad to take him with me, but I'm not pulling him out. The trails last year were a little tight for the guy in front of me in his JK. I would love to see the H2 try to get through there.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That was a good thread, thanks for the link.
One thing I did note. I saw less jeep bashing there, (and there was at least one troll), then I see on this thread, about H's.
In all fairness, most guys in that thread seemed to be less posers then some of the guys on this thread.
Seems like alot of them really wheel'd H's, and the ones that didn't admitted it.
I will say, I have had the opportunity to ride in an H1 and 2, and there is no comparison between the two. As for the H1. Awsome is all I have to say. Would it outwheel a Rubi 4dr. In most cases, without a doubt. As a matter of fact, in most terrains, outside of crawling rocks, the only thing that I could see coming close would be a tank. Even crawling rocks, the one I was in, did it well. But then let's look at the price. The one I rode in was a military convert.
It was a 6.5L turbo diesel wagon, and as I recall had a price tag of about 80K. That was in 2000. For that price I would have to have the $$$$$ I spent on my 94XJ new, the daughters 04 GC limited in 06, and the wifes 06 JK new, and even then I would still need an additional 8K or so. But again I say the H1 is awsome. Now the H2 I rode in was not worth the money IMO.
Here is a pic of the H2 I not only got to ride in but also able to drive for a couple of days.
Click image for larger version

Name:	hunner1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	7072
and I will say it was nice and comfortable. Took it off roading a few times, but did not want to push my welcome, so nothing hard. I will say, it was everthing our JK is and more. Our JK is an "X" with the sport package, and actuially I have wheel'd this more times than ourJK. Our JK though, we bought for the wife, for a DD, trading in her 99XJ. But then again my friend paid about $52K for this thing.
The thing that really intrigues me is a few posts on the H thread that stated most Jeep owners are jealous.
By looking at alot of our threads, I now wonder could they be right. Or is it rather a Jeep thing, and irregardless, of how much bitch'in there is in our forum about all the quirks in the JK's we want to think there is no better off road vehicle?
C'mon guys. The Hummer's are a pretty stout vehicle.