Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Im done with Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler

Old 07-03-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lilahs Jeep
Chyrsler said I wasn't using it (2010 JK Unlimited RUBICON) "for its intended purpose ... "
Guess they better drop the "Trail Rated" badge then....
Old 07-03-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Guess they better drop the "Trail Rated" badge then....
That's why I highlighted RUBICON. If it's not made to off-road then WTF? How can it even carry that badge? I feel like I paid the extra cash just to have the RUBICON stickers because everything that makes it Rubicon is coming off. Advice I'd give someone entertaining such a purchase - save your cash upfront, buy a Wrangler X with the interior options you like and do the upgrades yourself.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good sound advice.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lilahs Jeep
Absolutely love my Jeep but my dealership isn't scoring any points right now. Currently dealing with denied warranty work on a front axle that snapped on a piddly mountain trail. Chyrsler said I wasn't using it (2010 JK Unlimited RUBICON) "for its intended purpose ... " I guess they figure we'll buy Jeeps no matter what and they can get away with it.
what happened ? and no im not with chrysler / jeep lol . as cash strapped as companies are these days it figures , i ran a large truck shop and the company i worked for bought only brand x tractors and i swear with all the emission component failures it will be a miracle if it doesnt bankrupt them . alot isnt the manufacturer its supplier issues . they operate on razor thin margins and cut corners when possible ,even for an extra 1 or 2 pennies per unit . then jeep has to try to recoup money from them , but if they lean too hard they know they screw themselves because not jus anyone can supply them with axles or whatever . i know though it sux . hope they make it right for you
Old 07-03-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

I agree the dealerships sucks but love my jeep. I have a 2011 charger and had two issues with the doors handles and they fixed it no questions asked but was a pain to get the process in timely matter to fix it. Least it is fixed and my jeep has been going strong since 09!!!! Nothing beats a wrangler. If you want to talk about issues. My Hummer H1 was a nightmare. Buddies h1 currently is a money pit just to fix and drive with warranty. Anyways, I will always have a Jeep.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

When I waxed my new to me jeep it felt like I was waxing a beer can

I'm proud thats my third post on here
Old 07-04-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

lol. my second post
Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan L
No, he's right. Chrysler is crap and my family was burned by them a couple of times in the past. There is a reason why Chrysler had to be bailed out by the government. I wish they would have went out of business and sold the Wrangler and Viper name to a 3rd party and continued production (only Chrysler products with redeeming qualities). My parents have since switched to Ford and couldn't be happier. I've always owned Ford trucks, but ended up buying a Wrangler this time around because I've always wanted one and the price was right. I've had good luck with it so far... I just wish the Chrysler name wasn't linked it. :(
Chrysler did go out of business
new owners UAW and Fiat
and neither one ever built a great car
but a s F, Gump said *hit happens
im on my second jeep a 2010 and 2011 happy with both
but my main use is to tow behind motorhome no serious off roading
brianj
Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryan L
No, he's right. Chrysler is crap and my family was burned by them a couple of times in the past. There is a reason why Chrysler had to be bailed out by the government. I wish they would have went out of business and sold the Wrangler and Viper name to a 3rd party and continued production (only Chrysler products with redeeming qualities). My parents have since switched to Ford and couldn't be happier. I've always owned Ford trucks, but ended up buying a Wrangler this time around because I've always wanted one and the price was right. I've had good luck with it so far... I just wish the Chrysler name wasn't linked it. :(
X2. I love my Jeep but Chrysler sucks. if the Jeep weren't so damn much fun it would've been long ago because, in reality, it's junk and the customer support is nonexistent.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Vic
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sharkey
I know I'm going to regret asking you this question...but why the hell do you still own a Jeep? Seriously, I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I don't think I have ever read a single post from you that had anything even remotely good to say about your Jeep, Jeeps in general, or Chrysler. Sometimes I wonder if you actually own an FJ or an H2 and you are really just some spy sent here to make people sell their Jeeps and buy some other 4wd.
I love it !

Quick Reply: Im done with Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler