Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep wave gets me in trouble

Old 04-25-2008, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a hater. I wave at EVERYONE with a Wrangler 2-door, 4-door, Yellow, purple, Pink...Well maybe not PINK.

Bottom line. I do my part to up hold Pride in the Wrangler community!

I Just do it!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by reikigirl
I only wave at Wrangler drivers and then only the 2-door kind. Nothing against the 4-door drivers...I used to wave at them and not a single one waved back. That's when I figured that the 4-door looks more like a shrunken Hummer so they didn't know they were supposed to wave

I see more TJ's that don't wave then any other Jeep. There are quite a bit of woman driving these JK's.. 2 and 4 doors that don't wave either. And i always wave at any Jeep that's jacked up and looks hard core wrangler or not. We have quite a few nice Cherokees around here.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
I see more TJ's that don't wave then any other Jeep. There are quite a bit of woman driving these JK's.. 2 and 4 doors that don't wave either. And i always wave at any Jeep that's jacked up and looks hard core wrangler or not. We have quite a few nice Cherokees around here.
Weird... while in RI I've gotten lots of waves in return, even with my tiny tiny tires.

Around here, though, there are tons of JK's that don't wave. I love the jerks driving down the road who gawk at you waving at them... you just know they're too snobby to wave (And own a jeep for that matter!).

I guess BMW's were too popular amongst their crowd
Old 04-28-2008, 05:03 AM
JK Freak

welcome to the jeep world
Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

got my jeep on friday (4 door X) and got to do my first wave on saturday, it was a guy in an older jeep, the previous version.. TJ? anyway, he didn't wave back, he just kinda stared at me like a deer in headlights. :(
Old 04-28-2008, 05:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by reikigirl
I only wave at Wrangler drivers and then only the 2-door kind. Nothing against the 4-door drivers...I used to wave at them and not a single one waved back. That's when I figured that the 4-door looks more like a shrunken Hummer so they didn't know they were supposed to wave
Shrunken Hummer....voice of experience no doubt...
Old 04-28-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

I've already shared this with my Sunshine State buddies, but it looks like you guys need it too.

Personally, I weave at everyone. I see another JK coming at me in the other lane, I weave at it. I see a TJ, I weave at it. Occasionally, I am scared to weave at a YJ or CJ, but usually I'm in such a good mood that I don't care, so I weave at them too.

I admit, when I first heard that it was a tradition for jeepers to weave at each other, I thought it was kind of nuts. I was a new wheeler and weaving at all was kind of a challenge. But I wanted to be a good jeeper, so I did it. Sure, I rolled the jeep a few times at first, but I got the hang of it. Then, after doing it successfully a few times and seeing the looks on the other jeepers faces -- well you can tell they are impressed and it really is a blast!

At first, they sometimes look like they aren't going to weave too, but don't go thinking they're being unfriendly. I've learned that what they are really doing is seeing how good you are at this weaving thing. If they don't weave, you show them you know what you're doing and keep weaving right at them. If you do it right, they will always weave too, sometimes right at the last second.

After I found out how much fun it was, I couldn't resist spreading the practice to cars, trucks, bicycles and even pedestrians. People love it! They beep their horns, they yell, they give you all kinds of waves. Sometimes they even turn around and follow you for awhile, which is when you show 'em what you've got and lose 'em. Then turn off on a side street and wait for 'em. When they catch up, pull out and weave at 'em again. They'll beep and wave with just as much excitement as they did the first time!

Obviously, it's a matter of personal preference. But I highly recommend weaving at least at other Jeeps, if not at everyone you see. I promise if you do this you'll meet new people and be the talk of your neighborhood in no time.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeep4him
I've already shared this with my Sunshine State buddies, but it looks like you guys need it too.

Personally, I weave at everyone. I see another JK coming at me in the other lane, I weave at it. I see a TJ, I weave at it. Occasionally, I am scared to weave at a YJ or CJ, but usually I'm in such a good mood that I don't care, so I weave at them too.

I admit, when I first heard that it was a tradition for jeepers to weave at each other, I thought it was kind of nuts. I was a new wheeler and weaving at all was kind of a challenge. But I wanted to be a good jeeper, so I did it. Sure, I rolled the jeep a few times at first, but I got the hang of it. Then, after doing it successfully a few times and seeing the looks on the other jeepers faces -- well you can tell they are impressed and it really is a blast!

At first, they sometimes look like they aren't going to weave too, but don't go thinking they're being unfriendly. I've learned that what they are really doing is seeing how good you are at this weaving thing. If they don't weave, you show them you know what you're doing and keep weaving right at them. If you do it right, they will always weave too, sometimes right at the last sec

After I found out how much fun it was, I couldn't resist spreading the practice to cars, trucks, bicycles and even pedestrians. People love it! They beep their horns, they yell, they give you all kinds of waves. Sometimes they even turn around and follow you for awhile, which is when you show 'em what you've got and lose 'em. Then turn off on a side street and wait for 'em. When they catch up, pull out and weave at 'em again. They'll beep and wave with just as much excitement as they did the first time!

Obviously, it's a matter of personal preference. But I highly recommend weaving at least at other Jeeps, if not at everyone you see. I promise if you do this you'll meet new people and be the talk of your neighborhood in no time.

I'm up for a good game of chicken.... WEAVE AT ME
Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

tell your wife to take a chill pill!! My wife is cool as anything! she dont care who i wave to. Have your wife read this link. http://frodo.marshall.edu/~meadow27/rules.html

Quick Reply: Jeep wave gets me in trouble