Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep wave goes bad

Old 05-23-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the South my friend...
Old 05-23-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the 4-door killed the jeep wave

Now that I'm the proud owner of a 4 door JK I have noticed a difference in "the wave" from the old days. When I had my first 3 wranglers (95 yj sport, 94 yj sahara, and 02 tj) the wave was out of a kindred spirit that most who possessed wranglers had. Kinda of an "its loud, bumpy, noisy and we love em" wave. Now that there is more of an SUV feel it seems that there are more "non jeep" people in jeeps.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I have never heard of the jeep wave , did this just start with the JK or has it been around awhile I see people wave at me but thought they where being nice or like my jeep
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
I have never heard of the jeep wave , did this just start with the JK or has it been around awhile I see people wave at me but thought they where being nice or like my jeep

o man
Old 05-23-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeeps_187
They need to take the a/c out of the Jeeps and maybe it will take care of this jeep wave issue. its always the people that have there tops on tight and windows closed snug that just drive by without waving. and the remark about the unlimited owners being a big number of the non wavers, that's true around here as well. not all unlimited owners are like this but it seems like the majority of the non wavers are unlimited owners.
Not in Dallas-Ft. Worth. All 2 and 4 doors wave, unless it's a Sahara driven by a soccer parent...
Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brishe5050

Not in Dallas-Ft. Worth. All 2 and 4 doors wave, unless it's a Sahara driven by a soccer parent...
I've been in Dfw for two weeks now and have waved at about 15 jeeps and haven't received one back. I'm in a jku.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I drive an unlimited and i wave all the time. The worst bit about the wave is when you go to wave at another jeep and you don't get a wave back and and you get pissed off and go to yell abuse.
Then just as you stick your head out the window you realise you're in the work truck.
Not a jeep.
It makes me feel so very sad.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... wow!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bushmaster
I drive an unlimited and i wave all the time. The worst bit about the wave is when you go to wave at another jeep and you don't get a wave back and and you get pissed off and go to yell abuse.
Then just as you stick your head out the window you realise you're in the work truck.
Not a jeep.
It makes me feel so very sad.
Haha that's funny!
Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

If it ain't mod'ed in the SLIGHTEST, I don't bother anymore. I've been shot down too many times.. and it's always by stock JKU's. Older models and mod'ed JK's usually always wave back and typically they're grinnin' from ear to ear when they do. That's cool when I see that!

Quick Reply: Jeep wave goes bad