Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Pricing is getting crazy

Old 12-18-2016, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't base any pricing off the dealer-modified vehicles. The pre-modified inflated vehicle market is really just for those that don't care how much it costs or where time is more valuable than money.

The price for unmodified Wranglers has certainly crept up over the years as the vehicles get more and more creature comforts and luxury options built in, but you can still by a quite affordable Wrangler if you're not looking to have all those features or have it built for you.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cutman
You should check out the 14 Copperhead Pearl. Very similar color, a little darker. But it comes with the 3.6 in it. I just did a KBB price quote on my Sport S today and it came back right at $21k.
Just valued my 2011 Sport S on KBB today at $15,200. I purchased it 4 years ago used for $19,000 with 38K on the odometer. Amazing how the Wranglers holds their value.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CharlesS
Just valued my 2011 Sport S on KBB today at $15,200. I purchased it 4 years ago used for $19,000 with 38K on the odometer. Amazing how the Wranglers holds their value.
I've also noticed KBB and Jeep pricing don't always jive. My 2000 XJ was KBB valued at around 1500. It had a basic shackle/spacer lift and billstein 4600s and I was able to get 4k for it! And I paid 6k five years earlier with 60,000 less on the Odometer
Old 12-23-2016, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait until the new bronco comes out and gives the wrangler some price competition
Old 12-23-2016, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Here's a $60K JKU Sport

Used 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited For Sale | Santa Monica CA

This "deal" is right next to my house. JKU SPORT that from the factory brand new would be around $32k. Comes with maybe $10k in cosmetic and tire/suspension upgrades. How the hell is a used one going for sixty thousand dollars!?!
Old 12-23-2016, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't you know everyone in California is rich and wipe they wipe their buts with $100 bills.

They also sell houses for 1.4 Million dollars over there when you can get the same house in Charlotte for 450K.

Some dumb*** will buy it there it's California. They should go though with the "Cal-exit" movement and they can have that communist hippie tree hugging nation they want.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Don't you know everyone in California is rich and wipe they wipe their buts with $100 bills. They also sell houses for 1.4 Million dollars over there when you can get the same house in Charlotte for 450K. Some dumb*** will buy it there it's California. They should go though with the "Cal-exit" movement and they can have that communist hippie tree hugging nation they want.
Hey man slow your roll. Not all of us are Communist out here in Cali. Also, I don't think me or any of my friends wipe with $100 bills. Who even carries denominations that small anymore? Might as well be a $20 bill. Wouldn't touch my heiny with of those!!! Haha!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

Default New Unlimited

Trying for 2 weeks to do a deal for a New Wrangler Unlimited.......trying to work with 2 Dealerships where I know people, They are too busy to deal with me. Life for them is GOOD! For me FRUSTRATING! WANNA spend money, they don't need it. Jeeps are selling like CRAZY.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by kyle521
I cant wait until the new bronco comes out and gives the wrangler some price competition
Roger that! If the new Bronco looks anything like the concepts and has a V8 I will be in line....and get a lot more vehicle for the money than our Jeeps, I suspect. JK pricing is STUPID...but I have 2 anyway, lol. Anyone need a '14 JKHR in anvil, 6-spd with <15k on it? Need to save for a Bronco, lol.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Don't you know everyone in California is rich and wipe they wipe their buts with $100 bills.

They also sell houses for 1.4 Million dollars over there when you can get the same house in Charlotte for 450K.

Some dumb*** will buy it there it's California. They should go though with the "Cal-exit" movement and they can have that communist hippie tree hugging nation they want.
HAHAHAAH you clearly have no idea. $1.4 million around here will only get a 2/1 tear down. Where you live $450K gets a livable McMansion. Almost worth it if you can handle all the racism.

And no one uses cash. I wipe my ass with Venmo. Pay Pal if I'm desperate.

Quick Reply: JK Pricing is getting crazy