Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

my way to solve leaking top.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my way to solve leaking top.

dielectric grease!! i tried prety much everything but did not realy stop the rain. i put weather treiping on the top of thhe door nothing at the front edge of the soft top where it touches the ruber on the top of the winshield... nothing. i desided to try something else. i put dielectric grease inside the rubber where the door seround meets the upper windshield, where it tipicaly leaks. you just need to put a little to much like a square inch and put it every where inside this little pocket-corner.it needs to over flod (sorry this is where my english ends) . you just need to wipe the exces off ant you should be fine. it rained from slightly to fairly from time to time for the past 2 days and not a single drop inside

try it it is not that messy cause you never realy put your hand there except to remove the bracket to put the hard top.

try it with dielectric grease i think its bether than regular grease for the fact that its not dark so no real stains and its like silicone base as i can see.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

This has nothing to do with what you posted, but i live in south louisiana and there are alot of Bergerons around where i live. Are there any Dufrenes where you live?

corey d
Old 10-03-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

dufrene is a common familly name here to. nothing special but yes. its a french name. frene is a tree. ( un frêne ) you dont say it like fr e n e . it souns more like frail. the ê is like frail without the l. so frain would be the correct prononciation if you understand what it try to say.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...3DZWW%26um%3D1

something i just found about french and louisiana

and i also found out it became french teritory inthe early 1800. humm iinteresting.

Last edited by guybergeron; 10-03-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

The way we pronounce Dufrene, sounds like "friend" without the "d" sound at the end. Im pretty sure my people originally came from around Nova Scotia (Acadia). Thats where they say the cajun people came from any way. All of my grandparents spoke french. My parents can also speak french (cajun french).

corey d
Old 10-03-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

thats the perfect occasion to learn a few words.

but anyway... hahahh it was supposed to be a soft top leak solution what do you think of it. it worked so far.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Junkie

I like your signature Guy !
Old 10-04-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by guybergeron
thats the perfect occasion to learn a few words.

but anyway... hahahh it was supposed to be a soft top leak solution what do you think of it. it worked so far.
I know a few words......I dont know nut'n about soft tops and grease.....

corey d
Old 10-04-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

There is a new mettle header bar available to stop wind noise if you have that issue as well, it also stopped my leaks completely. My dealer is an a$$ so no part numbers. They fixed my issue and still pissed me off how awesome is that.

Quick Reply: my way to solve leaking top.