Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need Help with getting her home

Old 06-13-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've sold a couple to Carmax and gotten just over a $1K each time more than what the dealer offered.

I "somewhat" negotiated for a Prius for my mom over the phone a few weeks ago. She's the type that will rollover and just take what the dealer gives her.

She likes to lease so went to the Toyota dealer to trade her existing lease Corolla, which had 7mos left on it, and get into a 2009 Prius.

Long story short, I got on the phone with the salesguy and he had offered her $10K for the Corolla. I told him what a crappy low-ball that was and he immediately came up to $11K. Her buyout was $11,300 so I got her back on the phone and told her I can get at least another grand out of the guy between coming up on the Corolla and down on the Prius. But she was worried (and in another state) about LOSING the car so she took the deal.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Default lowered the price

got them to lower the price to 25488. spent yesterday and today checking out 09's on local lots and trying to find an 08 sahara hard top for under $25k. (within reasonable mileage--the one we are looking at has 11k, the closest was the one with 68k for $21900).

I just can;t find any. with the production halt, no one is dealing on the news that I did find---174 mi away and 238 mi away.

I think we will just do the deal and go from there.

The bigger problem now if the dealer and his financing. he had everything on Saturday, made a bunch of calls. My wife called today (I have Jury Duty this week) and still no answer. She called our credit union to get them active- they should have things together by tomorrow morning. Just can;t figure out why the dealer can't get his stuff together.

Anybody have any idea on what the heck is taking so long---to preface..our credit is fine--not A++, but high 600's low 700's, Is lending still that tight or is this guy just trying to find a way to get more money out of me/>??

Old 06-15-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$27k for a used unlimited is crazy. A friend just bought a new '09 unlimited X pretty much loaded, auto, power, dual tops for $25k. I paid $25K for 2 my door rubicon a year ago when the economy was a lot better and the deals weren't nearly as good as they are today.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by aubreys dad
Hey guys (and gals)-
Went to test drive an 08 Unlimited Sahara- red rock/khaki- hard top. Like I said, went to drive it--- took it around the dealers "loop" and then let the wife have her go. Got back to the dealer, wanted to try out the freedom panels---needless to say, took both fronts off, told the salesguy "later" and took it for another loop again.
Wife loved it-- even thought it was great that with the freedom panels off our 20 mo old was still able to sleep in the back seat between the tinted windows and the remaining hard top.
So, we talked and gave them the go ahead to work us a deal. Here is where it gets Looooonnnnngggg.. for us and them anyway. We have an 05 Pacifica Touring- loaded..nav, RES, leather, the works. problem is we owe like 11,400 and with all the things going--a 66k mile Pacifica it going for about 9k. So we have some money to make up. Credit is good- high 600's lower 700's. Problem is we want the payment below $400...even if we go to the max on 84months (we will pay it off before, just need a lower payment for now until wife starts teaching full time).
So..here is my question- they list the Sahara at 26995. Funny thing I saw the original sticker was only $30,425. Canthat really be on a yr old vehicle with just under 11k on the clock? Seems we should be able to negotiate a better deal on a new? I really like it---so does the wife. Problem we keep coming up with is that we might be crazy getting rid of the Pac?

Any help is appreciated. I think I'll post more specifics q's separately.
I bought my 2008 Sahara Unlimited Black, dual tops, mygig, side airbags, remote start last may brand new sticker was like 33k got em down to invoice which was like 28,200 then a 750 loyalty rebate. Keep in mind this is before the economy went to hell in a hand basket they were still leasing then lol. Point is they are desperate right now...they need the business...use a finance calc find out the invoice on the exact model with options..don't pay more than 500 over invoice.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

It does depend on the area though.

Supply and Demand

If there are not many for sale in your area, and people are looking for them...... the price will be higher.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

In honesty I'd say at this point try and wait till the production line starts back up. The banks are going to be able to finance more on a new vehicle vs. the used which is what happened with myself. The dealer worked a better deal on a brand new 09 with me trading in my 06 Grand Cherokee that I was over-under on by several thousand. When I spoke to the finance manager he said that the deal would never have had worked if I was trying to get a used JK. Bizarre sounding but true.

Quick Reply: Need Help with getting her home