Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New jeep checklist.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New jeep checklist.

I just saw a thread where a guy got the wrong t case in his rubicon. Wow. With this in mind I wanted to get some thoughts on a inspection or check list to complete prior to taking delivery on my new 2012 jkur when it comes in. What would be on your inspection list?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 PM
JK Freak

I'll go first, check t-case.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did a few things when I picked mine up:

- detailed inspection of paint (for rail dust, mainly - actually caught a scratch from them detailing it)
- checked the fluids (just in case)
- checked for the mopar grab handles (came with 2012 Rubicon, were in glove box - wanted to make sure the dealer wasn't going to gank them from me! )
- double checked my build sheet (ordered mine, asked for a build sheet, compared to the initial build sheet and went over it when checking mine out before buying to make sure it all looked right)

The one thing I didn't do which I wished I had... was ask them to double check the alignment of the front end. This is the third JK I've purchased (2nd one I bought brand new) and it's the 2nd one (both of my new ones) that has had a minor toe-out issue (small bit of wandering on the highway). Not nearly as bad as my 2011, just noticeable. I'll be taking it back to have them double check it... not sure that's worthy of checking for everyone, just my experiences *both* times when buying a new JK (2011 and 2012). YMMV.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MortuaR
I did a few things when I picked mine up:

- detailed inspection of paint (for rail dust, mainly - actually caught a scratch from them detailing it)
- checked the fluids (just in case)
- checked for the mopar grab handles (came with 2012 Rubicon, were in glove box - wanted to make sure the dealer wasn't going to gank them from me! )
- double checked my build sheet (ordered mine, asked for a build sheet, compared to the initial build sheet and went over it when checking mine out before buying to make sure it all looked right)

The one thing I didn't do which I wished I had... was ask them to double check the alignment of the front end. This is the third JK I've purchased (2nd one I bought brand new) and it's the 2nd one (both of my new ones) that has had a minor toe-out issue (small bit of wandering on the highway). Not nearly as bad as my 2011, just noticeable. I'll be taking it back to have them double check it... not sure that's worthy of checking for everyone, just my experiences *both* times when buying a new JK (2011 and 2012). YMMV.
Thanks, so I should be getting mopar grab handles? I just got the smittybilt ones I ordered from quadratec today. Lol.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

Bump, any more thoughts on this? My jeep should be here next week.

Last edited by shag7265; 04-30-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

My jeep is here. Any more thoughts on this?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Come on guys. I'm about to do my inspection . Help me out. List so far.
T-case
All options
Paint
Interior
Fluids
Old 05-10-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if you got the dual top option, but I have read some posts about guys ordering dual tops and finally (months later) getting around to installing the soft top and theres no or missing hardware for it.

Missing floor mats seems to come up once in awhile.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

One thing that stuck out in my head was tint. A few folks mentioned they were charged extra for tinted windows when the hard tops specifically say the glass is tinted from the factory. I know some soft top (and maybe hard top) folks have said theirs showed up without tint when they ordered it with tint and their sheet had the $300 tint fee.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: New jeep checklist.