Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No love for the JK

Old 03-25-2008, 10:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get a lot of attention now, after lift/wheels/tires/brushguard/lights. Before, not as much attention. I have people talking to me at gas stations and store parking lots. There are a bunch of JK's in my area now, but mine is still the only one with massive amounts of modifications.
Old 03-25-2008, 10:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The day JackMacOKC and i went to the sand dunes just pulling out of his neighborhood construction workers stopped working on the house and all stood there and watched us drive past.. (its really noticable when they are on the roof LOL)

just one example..
Old 03-25-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone i pass in a jk i think what a sucker. just like me.lol i hate my jk.junk compared to my old rubi
Old 03-25-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

while i'm used to people looking, my last ride was a lowered f150 that got lots of looks, i don't get quite as many stare downs like i did. You know, where the person's head just follows your vehicle as it passes, to the point of having to turn their bodies to keep looking.

however, many a folk at the Park and Ride (i commute by bus to town) stare at me as i pull up in the JK and hop out. Or as i hop in. I can read it in some of their eyes..."i wish i had a jeep". One guy even told me he wished his mrs. would let him buy a jeep. Poor fella. My wife loves the jeep.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by flip2spin23
everyone i pass in a jk i think what a sucker. just like me.lol i hate my jk.junk compared to my old rubi

I don't want to sound like an ass, but why don't you f*ck off if you hate the JK so much? I mean, this site is for JK enthousiasts, not JK cry babies. I'm sorry if you don't like your JK. Possibly because of reliability issues or whatnot, but to call other JK owners suckers is wrong. Why don't you trade the JK in for a used TJ?
Old 03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've actually got alot of looks and comments about my bone stock 2dr Sahara. I even was at the Chevy dealer dropping off the wife's trailblazer and all the sales people (including the one that sold my wife the blazer) came out and were looking it over drooling over it.

A month later, we were getting an oil change on the trailblazer and there was an identical JK sitting in the employee lot. Come to find out that one of the salespeople liked mine so much he went out and bought one for himself...

I'm a trend setter

I get in a lot of conversations at gas stations about my JK. Even get a few while sitting in rush hour traffic. Lift and tires go on on saturday, and I can't wait to see what response that gets. My setup won't be overboard, but I think it will be clean looking, especially with it being my DD.

-BJ
Old 03-25-2008, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

I was one of the first in my town with an '08 Rubi 4dr, and I get a few looks. Pretty good for a town that is known to have more trucks than people.

Still get quite a few questions. Had a neighbor and a guy at the dealer ask me about it. Even one of the other salesmen wanted one, but couldn't get one 'cuz he has to wait till all the customer orders are good to go. Love the JK!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepgreensahara
I don't want to sound like an ass, but why don't you f*ck off if you hate the JK so much? I mean, this site is for JK enthousiasts, not JK cry babies. I'm sorry if you don't like your JK. Possibly because of reliability issues or whatnot, but to call other JK owners suckers is wrong. Why don't you trade the JK in for a used TJ?
LOL , yeah i pretty much think the jk is a joke compared to a long armed tj.wasnt trying to piss anyone off the thread was "no love for the jk" i wish people on sites like this would tell the truth about there jeeps.i searched and read here for months befor i bought a jk. then i got one. and yes i have been a crybaby ever since and i will trade soon hopefully.for a truck to pull one of my other jeeps .
Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

I was driving on the interstate the other day and a pickup passed me. The old dude in the passenger seat had his face up against the window and was giving me a thumbs up.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

jepgreensahara;
Put some 24" rims on it and you will get all the stares you want!!! I get the occasional "nice jeep!" It's just the people you notice passing by are probably stuck up BMW, Mercedes, Lexus owners.

Quick Reply: No love for the JK