Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No love for the JK

Old 03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flip2spin23
everyone i pass in a jk i think what a sucker. just like me.lol i hate my jk.junk compared to my old rubi
You are abusing your JK by not giving it the love it deserves. You should find it a new home where it will be loved. If you don't I will be forced to contact the SPCJK (Society for Prevention of Cruelty to JKs) and have it removed from such an abusive home...
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just love the Whinners Society! Most would bitch if hung with a new silk rope. My wife and I both love our JK Unlimited Rubicon and we do get a lot of attention and questions. Most common statement we here is: I wish that was my Jeep!!!! Makes you proud. When we had our snow storm and I was pulling people back on the road a few weeks back, everyone wanted to see the Jeep do its stuff and it never let me down. Some people would be better served with a BMW as it matches their personality. BMW (bitch, moan, whine)
Old 03-27-2008, 02:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

im kinda willing to bet a lot of guys never owned a tj befor your jk.
anyway i do get looks from people sometimes there like dude why did you paint your jeep yellow and you got new tires lets go to the webb and try it out
Old 03-27-2008, 04:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bsack
My JK gets full stares parked or driving. It is really dicey at times on the freeway the way people stare at my JK and not pay attention to traffic. I guess I am getting the opposite reaction than you are. This area is thick with wranglers anyway, but my JK gets a ton of attention from all kinds of people.
i do too... however, i often have mud on it so it kinda stands out a bit more.

the more individual you make it... the more people will notice... I have aftermarket BLACK cragars on a Jeep Green. Often they are orange b/c of the lovely GA clay...
Old 03-27-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

everyone i pass in a jk i think what a sucker. just like me.lol i hate my jk.junk compared to my old rubi
Posts like this make me weep for the public education system.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Junkie

im kinda willing to bet a lot of guys never owned a tj befor your jk.
anyway i do get looks from people sometimes there like dude why did you paint your jeep yellow and you got new tires lets go to the webb and try it out
i did... very capable... but too small for the purposes that I needed a capable offroad vehicle... my unlimited JK can haul more gear, guns, ammo, camping supplies, friends, beer, etc... and if i sit on top... it doubles as a tree stand
Old 03-27-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

i also get a lot of looks...im from a rural area where i get tons of looks, but i go to school in the city where i don't get quite as many. Once i put the exhaust on that all changed if they aren't looking, they will when i stomp on it
Old 03-27-2008, 10:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
I am always catching people looking. My 4 year old asked me the other day why people are always looking at us. I just told him his dad is handsome.
Who is his dad?

sorry, my bad.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepgreensahara
Maybe I live in a more gangsta area, where bling is what looks good?
Actually 4dr's are starting to catch on with gangsta's.

Top down easier to stand and fire.

Doors off even easier.

Looks bad, put heavy runemover bumpers and guards and who wants to mess with a badas$ mall cruiser.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CIJeep
Actually 4dr's are starting to catch on with gangsta's.

Top down easier to stand and fire.

Doors off even easier.

Looks bad, put heavy runemover bumpers and guards and who wants to mess with a badas$ mall cruiser.
Perhaps, but I think they still prefer escalades and dare I say it... hummers But the ones around here are usualy more on a budget. I sometimes (too often, might I add) see old acuras with wheel cover spinners

Quick Reply: No love for the JK