Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

No more half doors?

Old 07-09-2007, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default No more half doors?

Anybody know the ratio of half doors to full doors coming from the factory? I absolutely love my half doors, but have yet to see another on the road. I'm wondering with production costs and such, if they wiil eventually drop the option. Do you think more people would have them if the required $500 side airbags were dropped? I could do without the vinyl windows that come with them so I can see why people get the full doors. Especially when I figure in the $400 I'll pay for glass uppers when they come out. Net diff is approx $900
Old 07-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my half doors. That option was one of a few must haves for me.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my full doors, but can't wait to be able yo order half doors for the summer.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I almost ordered my '08 with half doors. I will almost always use half (or no) doors but opted for the full doors for the rare road trip since there are after market companies that will release the half doors for very cheap.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
I absolutely love my half doors, but have yet to see another on the road. I'm wondering with production costs and such, if they wiil eventually drop the option.
I can't believe they'd drop them. Look at the 2007 JK factory brochure and all you see are pic's of half doors (except for a couple real small images of full doors)!
Old 07-10-2007, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

When I bought my YJ, half doors were standard. You had to pay extra for full doors. I think that since they don't give you a price break when you opt for the half doors (which have to cost less) a lot people aren't choosing that option. I chose them because I like the more open feel you get when you have the top down.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had ordered one with half doors, but when it was delayed to '08, I bagged it and bought one with full doors locally.

At first, I was very disappointed with not having my coveted half-doors, but then I bought the Or-Fab safari doors and I'm thrilled with them. Much more open than half-doors feel. And I enjoy the full doors way more than I expected to when the top is up.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea, that sounds like the way to go and even though I'll only use the full doors if I go on a trip adding 1/2 doors will only cost about $400 for all 4 compared to who knows how much if I decided I wanted full doors later on. I'm not surprised most people are opting for the full doors now that I've had time to think it through but I was originally pissed when I couldn't order half doors for my '08 Sahara and almost bumped up to a Rubicon.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:22 PM
JK Newbie

How is the wind/noise levels at +75mph on half doors, no uppers, top down? And if you can, how does that compare to full doors, windows up? I am guessing a big difference.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

I didn't have to order the side airbags either.

I haven't seen another JK Unlimited on the road with the half doors.

Quick Reply: No more half doors?