Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

oil pan f'd! anyone replaced one yet?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMac4
... the guys yells 'dude you really f'd up your oil pan'. I went to Disney last weekend for some crawlin and didn't take it easy at all. So I stuck my head down there and sure enough...looks like I dropped my oil pan square on a big freakin rock. Not surprising, since I also destroyed a tire..those rocks aren't very forgiving...
Yeah. Also not surprising considering all those crazy places our leader was taking us, huh? Wait, that was you, wasn't it, Jack? Well, I should point out that bad things come in threes--for me it was a tire, the bent drag link and the crack in the hardtop. You better keep checking around for that third one! Maybe we need a separate thread just for the JK-Forum Aug 08 Disney Carnage. Laughing till it hurts.

Anyway, sorry to hear you bashed that up, but, as Ross said, glad it wasn't split open on the trail. That would have been a sorry mess! And, it looks like JK-Forum is coming through and getting you fixed up pretty cheap (I already spent $237 on a new tire!).
Old 08-08-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, here's the oil pan fun...

Ended up costing 50 in parts....hopefully fix it next weekend...

New tire cost me 150 shipped..but dave had one brand new at his house..which I'm also gonna get, so I'll have an extra spare!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

New tire cost me 150 shipped..but dave had one brand new at his house..which I'm also gonna get, so I'll have an extra spare!
Wow thats allot cheaper than i thought....nice to know...thanks.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rancho oil pan skid sell the spare you won't need it after the rancho is installed.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
rancho oil pan skid sell the spare you won't need it after the rancho is installed.
I think he meant that he got a spare spare tire...
Old 08-11-2008, 02:00 PM
JK Junkie

I just got an email from mopar and they stated the part has now gone up to $110 (Bottom half of oil pan). They want me to pay more when they made the error by not updating the price. I paid $40 late last week as it stated on the website. I went through their checkout procedure and all. Shouldn't they honor the previous price?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by dburgette
I just got an email from mopar and they stated the part has now gone up to $110 (Bottom half of oil pan). They want me to pay more when they made the error by not updating the price. I paid $40 late last week as it stated on the website. I went through their checkout procedure and all. Shouldn't they honor the previous price?
Yep - I just had to cancel my order. They now in fact do NOT sell the lower by itself. Makes me mad as hell. This of course negates any benefit from ordering from them. If I'm going to have to order the whole assembly, I'll just order it locally.

Just goes to show you how BS some online dealers can be, and why I don't usually buy from places like moparpartsamerica.

2 thumbs down! Maybe Don-A-Vee can answer this, but why is it that dealerships have to sell parts as specified by mopar? I don't understand why if I need one part but all mopar has is a kit..why can't I just get one part?
Old 09-06-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oil Pan dent

i was off roading last weekend and dented my oil pal. no leaks or anything from it. wondering if i should replace it or if you think that it is okay.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by rubijksilver
i was off roading last weekend and dented my oil pal. no leaks or anything from it. wondering if i should replace it or if you think that it is okay.
Got any pics? How bad is the dent?
Old 09-06-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oil pan

anyone know where to get one

Quick Reply: oil pan f'd! anyone replaced one yet?