Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

oil pan f'd! anyone replaced one yet?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rubijksilver
anyone know where to get one
dealer or moparpartsamerica.com............ But post a pick befor eyou do: it MIGHT not be soooooo bad.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JackMac knocked his on a trip a month ago and had to replace the oil pan... I think it was over $150, but in his case it affected the draincock. If yours isn't deformed to the point where it impacts draining the oil, you might be OK
Old 09-07-2008, 07:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moparpartsamerica dot com has them for about 129.00. It shows that you can just get the lower pan section alone but after ordering they emailed saying you had to get both parts.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The oil pan and gasket cost about 180 with tax and all. Although I haven't replaced it yet and have put about 3000 miles(!) on it since it happened without issue. I'm still going to replace it, but as far as running - I think it runs fine. The only reason I'm going to fix it is because I won't go offroading until I do -- I'm too afraid of punching through the fragile steel.

And moparpartsamerica does not sell just the lower - I already tried that. It is only available as a kit.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 07_Rubi
i put a dent in the passenger side front corner of the oil pan last weekend also. but it's not leaking so i won't worry about it i guess.
I think you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: oil pan f'd! anyone replaced one yet?