Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Open Carry

Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My carry permit is only for duty. Off duty I'm not allowed to either carry concealed or open.
My personal preference is concealed.
Open carry is like havin' a mall crawler. You just show what you've got, not what you can do.
And about the faster draw....you'll still be fast enough drawing a concealed weapon (Train it!)
Old 05-23-2013, 01:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
My carry permit is only for duty. Off duty I'm not allowed to either carry concealed or open.
My personal preference is concealed.
Open carry is like havin' a mall crawler. You just show what you've got, not what you can do.
And about the faster draw....you'll still be fast enough drawing a concealed weapon (Train it!)
So by your logic, you conceal on duty?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4W-Jive
So by your logic, you conceal on duty?
In a civil dress you have to, yes.
Maybe it's the part of not wearing the uniform that I love about the concealed carry...
Old 05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

The benefit of open carry is the not having to worry about "flashing accidentally" in a conceald carry only state and risk loosing the right to carry altogether.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
Can I ask a question without sparking a riot? Why open carry? I've been carrying for many years now, and I can't think of a single benefit over concealed carry. In fact, I can think of many reasons why open carry is a bad idea.

Aaaaand, go.

Some times its just easier to open carry. I carry an XD tactical and it has a decent barrel on it not the easiest thing to try and conceal under light clothes in the summer and even if i do cover it with my shirt it imprints so bad theres no question on what i have under my shirt so it would be pointless.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

Drop legs are a slower draw, the only reason people do it is if they are wering too much kit to put it on their belt. That said, I like to wear a drop leg if Im out in the woods, but not around town. FBI cant on the belt is the way to go.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:43 AM
JK Newbie

I do not understand why anyone would prefer "easy" or "comfortable" or any of the excuses I have read so far, over carrying concealed. Open carry puts you in a dangerous tactical disadvantage.

If your cloths don't allow you to carry concealed, I would recommend you wear different cloths, rather than put yourself at such a disadvantage.

I hope none of you ever get in to a gun fight, but if you do, may the wolf never see you coming, and may you be trained and prepared for that day.

Last edited by Tango Alpha; 05-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

I do not understand why anyone would prefer "easy" or "comfortable" or any of the excuses I have read so far, over carrying concealed. Open carry puts you in a dangerous tactical disadvantage.

If your cloths don't allow you to carry concealed, I would recommend you wear different cloths, rather than put yourself at such a disadvantage.

I hope none of you ever get in to a gun fight, but if you do, may the wolf never see you coming, and may you be trained and prepared for that day.
Words of true wisdom
Old 05-24-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you over exagerate a bit. Both conceal and open have their positives and negatives.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can I ask why this thread isn't in the Hunting and Firearms sub forum? Why in JK Talk?

Quick Reply: Open Carry