Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Option Recommendations

Old 09-09-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option Recommendations

The options I want on a JKU Sport are:

5 Speed auto + 3.73 Axle ratio
Trak Loc differential rear axle
Freedom Top
U Connect 130
AC

What's the difference between the U Connect 430 and the connectivity Package and should I go with the 130 or the 430?
I'm not sure if I really need power windows but it seems the would be convenient in a 4 door.

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a 4 door with manual windows and i don't regret the decision one bit. i bought mine totally stripped down. if i were to do it all over again, i'd get the satellite radio. our local radio stations totally stink.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

I know I'm new around here, But a join date of 2009 and you ask the difference between 130 and 430. wouldn't this be easier??

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Off-Road SUV with 4 Doors
Old 09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by boopiejones
i have a 4 door with manual windows and i don't regret the decision one bit. i bought mine totally stripped down. if i were to do it all over again, i'd get the satellite radio. our local radio stations totally stink.

Thanks for the info on the manual windows. I have only had power windows for 4 years (on my current vehicle).
Old 09-12-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nav would be nice, but I get by with my 130 with the connectivity group. I love the integrated phone and music through USB. The system isnt perfect, but I won't own a car without phone bluetooth connectivity. Living near DC and Maryland, I can't use my phone without it. Power windows in a 4dr would really help. I love riding with the windows down, it would be a giant PIA to have to do the backs by hand. Thats just me though
Old 09-12-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

The connectivity package is the bluetooth and add steering wheel options
Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Personally I'd get it as barebones as you can except with power locks/windows. That's what I did and the aftermarket options are way better for the price... I got the Clarion CX-501 head unit, offers Bluetooth phone and music streaming, plus looks pretty sweet (compliments the vents of the jeep). I've had all manual options on all my jeeps (YJ, TJ, an 09 JK) until this one and I have to say I love having the power option - especially on my '13 - the auto function is great, one touch and all my windows are down I also got the auto climate control and it actually works very well!
Old 09-12-2013, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Power windows/locks are nice. Especially for the rear door. But I think you have to upgrade to the SportS to get them. It adds over 2k to the price, and it gives you upgraded wheels/tires that you probally don't want.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for the great insight on the connectivity package, power vs manual windows and the 130 vs the 430.
I will try to get the power windows, door locks and the 130. I don't need the connectivity package and as Rubi_Chill said, it adds upgraded wheels and tires for over $2000. That's quite a bit to pay. The basic sport wheels should work out fine because my apartment complex has 50s style garage doors that swing open and are very low. When I move I'll get a 2.5" lift and I'm leaning towards AEV Pintler wheels with 33s or 35s.

Quick Reply: Option Recommendations