Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Orange

Old 05-18-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WRAITHYJEEP
hey T hold out for the purple JK
everyone knows silver doesn't show scratches.
that price is close to what i paid for my rubi. prior to taxes

pretty sure cause the vehicle is with in 2 yrs old customs Canada is going to want GST if your bringing it over the border.

don't be assuming anything or you will be walkin across that bridge over the St. Lawrence while ur jeep sits in gov impound.

get all the facts save on stress
good luck

I have done the research, it can be done....and yes I would be paying 7% at the border. still better than 15%.....
I am thinking I may wait anyway, I should be going overseas next year and then the 10's should be out....we will see...

Originally Posted by yetibear
Also check on your warranty. I remember a while ago, some Canadians were talking about buying on this side, then bringing them back to Canada, and ALL warranty's were void.

Since I had no intentions of crossing the border, in either direction, I didn't pay all that much attention. And, your being a military deal, this may mean nothing at all. It's a "just in case" you are not 100% positive, you might want to check into it.
Can't hurt to check.
Ya I would have to buy a warranty up here.
Still the savings is pretty good....

TH
Old 05-18-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip

Ya I would have to buy a warranty up here.
Still the savings is pretty good....

TH
Good, I remember it be discussed by the Canada cartel, but it was a good while ago, glad it is something you already have a handle on.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Orange, in Afganistan? Why not go all they way and get Bulls-eye?

You get home and your wife is half-way around the world and you don't know how to pass the time, and you obviously have an internet connection?
Old 05-20-2008, 03:24 AM
JK Junkie

Got the paperwork today. It says right on it "2009 Model based on 2008 Specifications" and adds $933 for "Estimated Uplift" for the price diff between the two years. No colour choices but obviously from another post there is going to be an orange.

I have decided to wait until I go overseas to upgrade. I should be there next year I imagine, that way I can wait until the 2010's or 11's are out.
Not the smartest idea to upgrade 1 year after buying, negative equity sucks...

makes it a bit easier too as for a Canadian to buy in the States it is a cash purchase, we cant get financing over there.

Quick Reply: Orange