Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rain Covers

Old 01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, let me qualify my statements as I do not own any of these covers...but do plan to purchase the Bestop Trail Cover at this point.

One important difference in the wording of the description of each of these 3 covers stood out to me....the Bestop is described as "waterproof fabric" whereas the other two are listed as "water resistant". In my experiences with other products, "water resistant" is NOT "water proof". I want to be able to drive my Jeep to work with the top and doors off, cover it, and not worry about if it showers that day or night or not.

I'd appreciate hearing any other's experiences with any of these trail covers as well since I plan to get one this Spring. Thanks to all who have posted so far and any others for helping the rest of us make the best decision we can up front.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

No comment on rain yet, but I was able to get it back in the sack it came with. The trick is to fold it over twice and then roll. When it is all rolled up you fold it in half and stuff it in the bag. I wouldn't recommend doing it if you want to avoid getting dirt on yourself.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone comment on these things keeping rain out. i.e. drive to work with no top and doors, it rains and you come out and are dry and good to go?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

I've got the Rugged Ridge w/ door flaps because it was on sale for $85 before Christmas.

It's waterproof, but heavy & I could not get in back in the sack, so I just bought a stuff sack from Academy.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by YellowToy
I've got the Rugged Ridge w/ door flaps because it was on sale for $85 before Christmas.

It's waterproof, but heavy & I could not get in back in the sack, so I just bought a stuff sack from Academy.
The only one I see from RR is a full cover and it says light rain only. It looks like it is meant more for if you have the top and doors on?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

How do you see with that on?
Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smuhhh
How do you see with that on?
Luckily I just bough X -Ray goggles so I am good...

Just pulling your lips, they are for covering when parked to protect from dust, sun damage, rain, etc.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnnyRubicon
Luckily I just bough X -Ray goggles so I am good...

Just pulling your lips, they are for covering when parked to protect from dust, sun damage, rain, etc.
haha I know, I kid. They just look hilarious.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smuhhh
haha I know, I kid. They just look hilarious.
I thought the same thing, but actually they look kinda sick. I have a silver Jeep so the grey cover is a good match. Not to mention it offers peice of mind when you are at work for 8-10 hours. You know you are not getting any element damange. Plus it adds a sense of security because people can't see in or reach into the vechile as easily.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JohnnyRubicon
I thought the same thing, but actually they look kinda sick. I have a silver Jeep so the grey cover is a good match. Not to mention it offers peice of mind when you are at work for 8-10 hours. You know you are not getting any element damange. Plus it adds a sense of security because people can't see in or reach into the vechile as easily.
Are they more conveinent than putting the soft top up? I guess if you wanted to protect the jeep in the summer, but not have the soft top on, this would be the way to do it? I just don't totally get the purpose of them. I have only had my jeep for a few weeks and its the middle of winter... so obviously I'm a bit inept

Quick Reply: Rain Covers