Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

READY TO buy new UNLIMITED RUBICON.... WHICH COLOR- things I should know? YOUR INPUT

Old 08-20-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default READY TO buy new UNLIMITED RUBICON.... WHICH COLOR- things I should know? YOUR INPUT

Your input would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

I've been looking at jeeps for over a year an a half. As a kid I saw them and felt a pull towards it but also felt it was just a bit to ugly- truth be told. I thought - as a 12 year old - it would be so much cooler as a 4 door. So, here we are.

I want to buy one and I'm ready. I will lease cars in the future (the plan now) but I want to pay for the jeep - given some time - and have it to own outright. the idea is to one day have it as a 2nd/garage/fun vehicle. So, I thought, perhaps I should get a used 2007 with tow package/4.1's and scrap the Rubi. However, I settled on go big or go home. 2010 Rubicon with extended warranty so I can take care of her from the start. This way I get the T-case/gears/axles/discos already installed and warrantee.

So, there is this Mango Tango the local dealership was giving me the reach around on. now, the month is coming to a close and no one wants the color so they've called me back ready to make a deal I would most likely never get on a stone white. I like the orange BUT when you get a colored jeep, your secondary color is spoken for. In other words, if I want colored seats, shocks, undercarriage armor, etc, I'll have to get it in gray, black, orange, or a combination of them. If I get white or black, I can pick any secondary color I want.

I am also worried about whether or not I 'll get sick of the orange....
hmmmm.

Thoughts?
Anything else to consider you can think of (would be your worry) off hand??

a new 30K car is a big decision. Especially when the gas mileage blowsssss. I am hoping to get one within the next couple of days.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:17 AM
JK Freak

My Bro just bought a 10' Rubi in Dark Blue...Looks SICK!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I too just took yet another JEEP PLUNGE...

...my local dealers wouldn't, won't and NEVER will 'DEAL'...therefore, my 4th JEEP/1st RUBICON, the one I just bought a few days ago, in of all places...IDAHO...was not only a STEAL, but, it's that DEEPWATER BLUE that the previous penning author spoke of...and YES, it's 'SICK!' I cannot wait to get that damn thing back here...I've got $12K worth of crap to put on it...basically, I'm taking it apart and putting it back together and the only thing that is going to remain the same is that awesome lookin' blue tub that everything'll sit in!

For you to worry about a measley $30K...come on...it's your new best friend for who knows how long...and it doesn't even talk to ya (get my drift)! Mango Tango is cool, but, I personally like that Deepwater Blue Pearlescent whatever they call it much better. I absolutely love the way black looks, but, I've had one already and cleaning that pig was a daily chore...now, to tell you how infact STUPID i may just be for buying this blue, I am again willing to clean this damn thing cuz what I'm gonna do to it will be more than worthwhile.

...remember, JEEPIN' is a way of life and playin' this game costs...sometimes costs dearly, but, DAMMIT, it's FUN!!! ...so what are ya waitin' for...GO BUY THAT DAMN THING!!! ...and, if you don't wanna spend the money locally, get on the horn...the internet...talk to who I did...get deeper in the hole...go fly 2K miles to buy the frickin' thing and save thousands but spend a couple hundo in gas to get it back while checkin' out the other end of the planet...take in the clean air, wildlife and maybe some snow...make it a vacation...but remember, this is the BEST INVESTMENT you will ever make! (Don't ever tell that to the wife)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 AM
JK Junkie

buy the mango tango!! its so cool, i should know- ive got it. i've had it for a month and a half now and i still love it. there may be other pics in the photobucket of that color. it's easy to keep clean too, certainly easier than the black that i had before.

cell phone pic, so the color isn't spot-on

Last edited by karls; 08-20-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default READY TO buy new UNLIMITED RUBICON.... WHICH COLOR- things I should know? YOUR INPUT

Pick one up, you will not regret it at all. I didn't get the extended warranty because I voided that in the first month of having it. Plus if something breaks you can upgrade it. Be warned... Modifying your new baby into something personal is an addiction. I'm a sucker for the silver, but I am a bit biased.

Good luck with your purchase!
Old 08-20-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

First of all, it is a jeep not a car. Never call it a car.

The pros of Stone white is it won't show scratches or pinstriping as much as other colors. Mango Tango is cool, but I can see your concern. Is it just a trendy color that will look dated in a few years? I don't know.

IF it speaks to you do it.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Default Mango Tango is awesome

If you like the Mango go for it....it's a jeep not a car (as mentioned above)

White is almost always the most popular vehicle color in the country with black and sliver right behind in terms of sales. This years most popular colors are as mentioned above.

But where Jeeps are concerned some of the funky cool colors like Citron Green, Rescue Green, Mango Tango, Solar Yellow, etc. are quite desirable later on the resale market.

I remember the bright orange and yellow CJ's of the late '70 as a kid and I can tell you that when I see them now they are still fun and still desirable.

I love a white Jeep, white is a great color very durable, practical, low maintenance. But in the great and fun scheme of Jeep-dom, White, Black, Silver......are kind of boring

B.S.

Last edited by B.S.; 08-20-2010 at 07:15 PM. Reason: B.S.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have silver. I am a fan of silver.. owned 3 silver vehicles... I LOVE THE MANGO TANGO!!! the white is nice also.. I was gonna buy yellow, but I am kinda glad I didn't ..
I say f it and get mango tango!!!

Sent from my Droid
Old 08-20-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you like it go for it... I've seen a couple in person and think that they took pretty cool. I was forced to get my second choice of black when they retired Rescue Green in '08 and I do regret getting this color a little but she's still my baby and I know that even color isn't permanent if I choose to change!
Old 08-20-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go for the outside color you like!!!! It does something to you when you are sitting inside your jeep and you have the exterior color surrounding your interior door trim as the JK does. It's nice to have that cool color on the inside that most rigs don't have.

Also, are you going to be washing it often? Black is crazy hard to keep a clean look if that's what you are going for. I've owned silver and you can literally go years without washing it and it still looks decent.

I myself bought the Sunburst Orange and I treat it better than my girl friend. MicroFiber, Polymer Wax the whole nine yards. I lose confidence in the looks of it until I give it a good wash and under that dirt it looks BRAND NEW. So what color do you want looking back at you after a few hours of cleaning and waxing?

If clean isn't what you want, what looks sexy with dirt?

Quick Reply: READY TO buy new UNLIMITED RUBICON.... WHICH COLOR- things I should know? YOUR INPUT