Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Really? A New Hummer to Compete with Jeep?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:38 AM
JK-Forum Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really? A New Hummer to Compete with Jeep?

Does GM really think it can come up with anything remotely competitive with the Wrangler? Certainly not a new Hummer, right?

Read the rest on the JK Forum homepage. >>
Old 01-29-2015, 10:42 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id say yes they could hell tons of people make better rigs than the jeep depending on people's use, but to get the name and history behind it that jeep does is another story... Hell ford used to make jeeps back in ww2.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I guarantee they would have a better power plant and transmission. And, GM quality over Jeep. But, the aftermarket would be very thin as compared to Jeep. Add to that, the GM in the photo, has the likes of what many seek in an image. As for vehicle set up? It's not difficult to outperform solid axles with the technology available today. Another Hummer? No. But something a little more engineered? Absolutely. But it will never be as big as Jeep.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Bring back the CK blazer complete with the removable hard top and live axles.

I would consider one.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Default Abandonment

here is the deal I first drove a 77 cj 7 for along time . Then a bunch of 4 wheel drives toyotas and chevys even a bronco. When the h-3 came out I bought one but althaea time i wanted a jeep. so when the new jk came out I sold the hummer and bought a jeep then GM abandoned the hummer line and was glad that i had bought a jeep.
so for me the only way I would ever go back to gmc is iv they came out with something (Don't call it a hummer) maybe a blazed that has everything that a fully loaded rubicon has solid axles leather , low range 410 gears 410 transfer case heated seat something like my go and a built in off road gps like lowrance comes with 35's maybe a small v-8 that you can get with a stick ( 6spd) or an auto for the same price and i also needs to be body on frame and it needs to be significantly less than a rubicon winch ready with options like a winch available through the factory
say like 33K out the door.

Then I'll buy one GMC you listenting?

Nah I thought not.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Well, I guarantee they would have a better power plant and transmission. And, GM quality over Jeep. But, the aftermarket would be very thin as compared to Jeep. Add to that, the GM in the photo, has the likes of what many seek in an image. As for vehicle set up? It's not difficult to outperform solid axles with the technology available today. Another Hummer? No. But something a little more engineered? Absolutely. But it will never be as big as Jeep.
I totally agree with this comment. And in any case, competition is always good... drives innovation.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Location: Independence and Lexington, KY (depends on the time of year)

I don't think they'll be able to compete. Jeeps are where it's at as far as off roading goes. Hummers are too large, if they base it on that platform, it won't fit on most trails (at least where I live).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4197512949.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	594440  
Old 01-30-2015, 06:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gforce!
I don't think they'll be able to compete. Jeeps are where it's at as far as off roading goes. Hummers are too large, if they base it on that platform, it won't fit on most trails (at least where I live).
There are lots of other vehicles that can compete with jeeps offroad imo. Hell ive seen a samurai on 33s hang with all the jks on 35s plus easily.. A wide variety of vehicles out here and youd be surprised what some can do.
Old 01-30-2015, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

I'd buy a GM competitor in a second. Chrysler has been the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with.
Old 01-30-2015, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

I would not mind seeing something competitive (if not better) than the Wrangler. It should wake up the execs at Jeep for the refresh in 2017.

Quick Reply: Really? A New Hummer to Compete with Jeep?