Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rescue Green discontinued!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rescue Green stays!!! I work at a dealership and the Jeep rep said that there was so many complaints about rescue green being replaced that silver is going out with yellow in.

As to why drop any ... response was it costs about $800,000 to add a new paint line etc.

So green in...silver out.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jazzdshaw
Rescue Green stays!!! I work at a dealership and the Jeep rep said that there was so many complaints about rescue green being replaced that silver is going out with yellow in.

As to why drop any ... response was it costs about $800,000 to add a new paint line etc.

So green in...silver out.
They are actually keeping silver as well. Here is an email I was sent by the factory:

On February 7, we notified you that Rescue Green was being replaced by Detonator Yellow on Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited. However, based on feedback from many of you, we have decided to keep Rescue Green, still introduce Detonator Yellow in May, and instead drop Light Graystone. Production of Light Graystone is scheduled to end in mid April 2007 with final orders due by March 14, 2007. Please review your inventory needs and plan accordingly.

So...in with Detonator Yellow...out with Light Graystone (which is my favorite)

There were an extremely small amount of Unlimited Rubi's built in Graystone. The color will be the equivalent of Inca Gold and Intense Blue which both were offered on the 2003 Rubicon
Old 02-23-2007, 08:29 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So the lucky few that got them, have a "special edition" of sorts. Although i really do not understand why DC had silver, and nearly silver in their lineup, it is sad to see the greystone go.

Had it been on the lot, identical options to what i bought, i would have chosen the greystone over the silver. (I know, i know, Sahara's dont come in greystone) i said all options. Moot point now anyways... it went the way of the Dodo.

Sad to lose one, but the Yellow looks great too!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Although I don't think it will affect the value of my JK any, I am actually glad that Graystone is getting cut. It is still my personal favorite, but I hate seeing the other Graystone Jeeps running around town for some reason.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
Although I don't think it will affect the value of my JK any, I am actually glad that Graystone is getting cut. It is still my personal favorite, but I hate seeing the other Graystone Jeeps running around town for some reason.
yeah.... i have a funny feeling when i see silver too...

Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Damn. So much for exclusivity!!! When they discontinued Citron Green Pearlcoat on the 97s, you NEVER saw the color. I see Rescue EVERYWHERE now. Funny how it's a nearly (if not totally) identical color and it's so popular now. They almost couldn't GIVE away the Citron Jeeps. (made me love mine 10Xs more!)

Quick Reply: Rescue Green discontinued!