Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rescue Green discontinued!

Old 02-08-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rescue Green discontinued!

Got some inside information today that Jeep will be discontinuing Rescue Green, and that the last orders will be taken on March 14th! :sad: This came from a very good source. They are planning on introducing a new color called “Detonator Yellow” that will be available in early May. If you like the Rescue Green, get your order in now, and make sure the dealership has an allocation for a Wrangler, so it gets accepted for order before the 14th! Like the idea of having a Yellow, but didn't know Rescue Green would be the color to be sacrificed.

Last edited by wayoflife; 02-08-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:58 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry guys, I was trying to move things around and accidentally deleted a couple of responses
Old 02-08-2007, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got the email this morning from the factory. Detonator Yellow it is. With current allocation and build-out, I doubt anyone will get an order built that isn't already allocated and in D status.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Sorry guys, I was trying to move things around and accidentally deleted a couple of responses
Yes, you did, so I will try to recreate my response.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I SO wanted a yellow Jeep when I ordered, but it was not an option.

NOW, on the VERY day I finally move to D status, here is the announcement that they are coming out with a yellow.

So Don, what ARE my chances that they could just go ahead and "mispaint" my Jeep Green with the new Detonator Yellow as a "test run"?

Okay, didn't think so. And at this point, I am not sure I could endure yet another 3-5 month wait on ordering again just to get it in Detonator Yellow.

Oh well,
Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow-- very cool for the Rescue Green folks to have a sort of "limited edition" factory paint job.... and very cool to see "Detonator Yellow" making it's JK debut! I'm looking forward to seeing one of the new yellow JKs

And, Area-51-- Jeep Green is still the coolest color available :toung:... but if you really want an out, you can check for missing paint behind your hinges and under your cowl when it gets delivered and request a repaint... in Detonator Yellow Not sure it would fly, but it's worth a shot!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

That sucks...Mine has been on order for 10 weeks now, and is in BX status, and I really don't care for the other colors.:angry:

My dealer is checking on it.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

I'm thrilled!!!!

heheh.. I like having one of the rare colors.

Was rescue green not selling? Why not just add Yellow as another option?
Old 02-08-2007, 01:36 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I'm thrilled!!!!

heheh.. I like having one of the rare colors.

Was rescue green not selling? Why not just add Yellow as another option?
I like rescue too. I'm not color loyal at all when it comes to cars. There were 2 on the lot when I test drove. I test drove teh green one frst, since I liked the color.I came home with the one with options that fit my needs better overall. So now I drive a greystone Jeep. I guess I'm more compulsive than picky.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee
I got the email this morning from the factory. Detonator Yellow it is. With current allocation and build-out, I doubt anyone will get an order built that isn't already allocated and in D status.
Does this mean that since mine is currently in BX status, that I may not get Rescue Green? I ordered on 1-23-07...
Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Angry Wait a dang minute!!!

I doubt anyone will get an order built that isn't already allocated and in D status.
Please someone tell me that if we are sitting in BG status that they can't just cancel our orders flat out!

Should we change our color choice now to something other than rescue green? I don't want to start this waiting game all over again from scratch if they cancel the order because THEY decided to discontinue the color!

Quick Reply: Rescue Green discontinued!