Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon or Not?

Old 12-31-2013, 10:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula
Plain and simple.

Rubicon for the man that likes to put in in 4 wheel drive hit the lockers..and drive to Starbucks for his morning brew.

Sahara for the man that in touch with his female side and wants to go shopping in style...and to Starbucks.

Sport for the rugged men of men that builds his jeep to his personal style, does not care about the dog hair, dirt, water getting in and laughs at the other two knowing he has the truer of rigs as he drives through to get his Starbucks coffee.
he don't own a Rubi but I thought this was funny after we had this conversation this morning I just saw this on my fb news feed lolClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1388518454362.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	520280

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 12-31-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jersey_devil
he don't own a rubi but i thought this was funny after we had this conversation this morning i just saw this on my fb news feed lolAttachment 520280

sent from my obama monitoring device
hahahahahahaha!
Old 12-31-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Thanks for all the input everybody. You've given me a lot to think about. I especially like the Starbucks post! I can tell there's a lot of people on here with my kind of sarcastic humor.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bbqman151
Wow. Thanks for all the input everybody. You've given me a lot to think about. I especially like the Starbucks post! I can tell there's a lot of people on here with my kind of sarcastic humor.
We like to have fun AND inform! Lol

Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
he don't own a Rubi but I thought this was funny after we had this conversation this morning I just saw this on my fb news feed lolAttachment 520280

Originally Posted by catahoula
hahahahahahaha!
FWIW....and to support my fellow SC jeeper, my JKU sport has no small number of Starbucks stains on my seat covers (I used to work at one of their coffee roasting plants).... The stuff is addicting!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mtngoat
FWIW....and to support my fellow SC jeeper, my JKU sport has no small number of Starbucks stains on my seat covers (I used to work at one of their coffee roasting plants).... The stuff is addicting!
Hey neighbor! Welcome to the forum! I'm on Murray too!
Old 01-01-2014, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

Like many have already said, be realistic about what the extra money is going to buy you, and if you will use it. For me, I learned my lesson with my Subaru. Instead of buying a WRX, I opted for the $8k more expensive STi. A lot of Subaru guys will say get a WRX for a dd and only buy the STi if you plan on tracking it. I didn't listen, but they were right. So when it came time to get the jeep, it was easy for me to weigh the pros and cons of all that extra money for a Rubi. The only thing that I really wish I had off of a Rubi is the gears.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My opinion is to go for the Rubi if you can swing it... Everyone that I know with a Sahara or Sport- AND has kept it stock for any length of time, all regret not getting the Rubi when they go for a ride in mine. If you're paying cash for it- you'll of course feel the price difference more than if you're doing 5 yr payments like most of us... and I agree that if cash/paid in full were the case for me- I may have gone with a sport and sunk that extra scratch into mods right off the bat. But I wasn't planning on any significant mods for at least a year... So the stock Rubi has served me well, and it's only getting cooler with every upgrade I throw at it. At the end of the day, I'm sure you'll find awesomeness in which ever JK you end up with. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Buying a sport=wishing u had bought a rubi. Lol
Old 01-02-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 above post. I bought a 2011 2 dr sport and after several thousand dollars, I realized I should have bought a four door rubi. Went and traded and have never looked back.

Quick Reply: Rubicon or Not?