JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Salesman just P'Od me big time (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/salesman-just-pod-me-big-time-19492/)

VOLJEEPX 11-02-2007 12:15 PM

The name of this dealership wouldn't happen to be Smacktown Jeep, would it? Because only a crackhead would come back for more money two months after the sale! Someone f'd up and they're trying to get you to pay for it! Tell 'em you will buy 'em all dinner~tube steak smothered in underwear!:synister:

josh1899 11-02-2007 12:56 PM

Wasn't this your comment in the "leasing" thread: "Put $500 down (which they later forgot to collect )". It looks like you did mean to put the $500 down, and they did remember! I'm not sure if you owe them the money this late or not, but if you DID intend to put the money down, and tried to back out, that's not cool. Carma is a bitch!:sad2:

eaglemikeo 11-02-2007 01:18 PM

benmar2000 is right, Don't take it to that dealership for service, whatever the outcome.

Ok, for an idea, try this. Go back there in a different vehicle. Tell him that you don't have the $500, and would need to return the vehicle for the FULL amount to be returned to you. (thus, you undo the deal with no money loss) Go back and get your Jeep, but before you bring it in, rack up lots of miles. And drive it into a brick wall first. Then take it in and get your money back!

Or you could do like everyone else is saying, and realize you don't owe any money, fight the man and not have any fun with it :thumbs:

Oh, and if josh1899 is right, and this is a lease... they might remember when you go to turn it back in.

Juiceman2k7 11-02-2007 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by James76 (Post 217611)
:sigh: I was $4000 upside down on my 2002 Sonoma (lowered street truck not my kinda people :naw: ) My payments are almost as much as my friends house payments :eek2: Plus my credit was in the pits from my stupid credit cards being late and not having enough credit. Put $500 down (which they later forgot to collect :rotflmao1: ) and $506/mo to buy. He offered to lease at $399 but i didnt want any part of that. If i want to cut it in half and put a hemi in it, or whatever my heart desires i dont want someone throwing a contract in my face saying :naw: i cant do it. :bleh: The high monthly payments are why i cant afford all the mods i want upfront :sigh:

Good eye Josh, bro it looks like you tried to screw somebody over and you may have gotten away with it for now but just like somebody else said on here "Karmas a bitch" it will come back to you.

eaglemikeo 11-02-2007 01:34 PM

Hmm, so if you stated earlier that you were aware they forgot to collect... I dunno. If the paperwork shows that you owe $0, then thats one thing. Double check it, make sure that it doesn't state that you've paid $0 of $500. If the paperwork backs you, then consider yourself lucky... but I wouldn't be PO'd cause you got caught 2 1/2 months later...

If this is the case, then I WOULD NOT go back to that dealership for service... they might just get their $500 after all.

If they can prove (with paperwork) that you do owe $500, and you don't pay... you might wake up one morning with your Jeep 'missing'.

Ridebreck 11-02-2007 01:35 PM

To be fair, if he indeed has signed documents stating that he owes zero down, then shame on the dealer for not catching it. There are several stories of dealers conveniently "forgetting" to include certain verbal agreements in the paperwork and then denying the agreement after the fact. However, I'll agree that the two tales don't appear to agree with one another.

MJS_Jeep_888 11-02-2007 01:40 PM

I'll 2nd or 3rd that "Karma's a bitch." :yup:

While I don't disagree that your $500 is better spent on mods for Wilbur, it seems like you're not being forthright about things... and if that's the case, I would highly recommend that you go cover your tracks and edit your post confessing that you did owe $500 more than you paid...

JUSTIN01 11-02-2007 02:03 PM

Keep an eye on your loan balance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chrysler Financial did the same to me with $2k when I bought a Durango. They had "issues" with the contract about a month after I bought it and tried to slip in the residual into my loan as if I wouldn't notice. This is the main reason I got out of Chrysler Financial and got into my Jeep with another loan agency. They are a bunch of crooks. I also have many disputes on my credit now since C.F. decided to be scandals.

James76 11-02-2007 02:38 PM

:hmm: I should explain the entire sales transaction i suppose. I certainly am not trying to weasel out of money i agreed to pay, in fact i had the $500 cash in my pocket when i went down to sign. We went over numbers again and i agreed to pay sticker to help the guy out...as well as most of the jeeps around here have been selling for sticker or more...well at least they were during august. I had been looking at the same jeep for over a month and i was tired of bickering about $10-15 a month. That seemed like the only area i could get into payment wise and that was through chrysler financial. He told me that to sweeten the deal i needed the $500 down to make me more appealing to the lenders. I agreed at first but when i thought about it that would have put me in a pinch for the first month. He offered to hold the check but i dont have checks i use a debit card. I told him to forget the money down and he told me that would make the payment go up. Now i said that was fine so i go into financing to sign the deal, and he asks me if im putting $ down or not and i say well tell me how much if i do and how much if i dont. it was something like 492.XX whatever with 500 down and 501.XX with no down payment. I told him to take the $500 off and keep the higher payment which he did, or half did. Upon closer inspection there are 2 places where it says downpayment amount and on the lesser of the 2 lines he has the $500 but on the top one it says n/a and thats what he pointed to when i looked it over b4 signing...in fact he pointed to it very firmly and asked if i was sure i didnt want to save some money in the long run. I replied by signing next to where it said n/a :yup: Anyways, to me that meant i owed nothing and my payment should be over 491.XX which it is with gap coverage it is $504.XX So to me that means my payment was figured with the $500 in place because the gap coverage wasnt that much. Not to mention they gave me $500 less for my trade than what it was worth and turned around and sold the darn truck for like $5000 over what they gave me. :mad: Thats another story. So my point is that while on one line it says like section 3 part c amount down payment $500 while under the top portion that he pointed to it says amount owed upon delivery for downpayment n/a. Also when i picked up the jeep and turned in the truck the next day (it was late that night) he had me sign another spot clean for delivery document that stated it was clean and apparently free from defect etc and it says i owed $0.00 due by n/a for downpayment. etc and who to pay and all that jazz but the salesman himself pointed to it and said i see you went with no money down. I didnt have the money the 2nd day b/c in my mind i had agreed NOT to put ANYthing down. And thats what the final document i signed when he handed me the keys said!!!!! :mad: :mad: I am very frustrated right now...the salesman didnt call back either so i dont know what to do....you guys are very helpful, and i dont want you to think i am a scam artist :sad2: I am just so pissed off that i am the one who offered to pay sticker b/c i was tired of bickering for a month or more and 2 months later!!!!!!! he wants some money that i didnt agree to pay!!!!!!! :hot: :cursing:

08UnlimitedSahara810 11-02-2007 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by James76 (Post 223507)
:hmm: I should explain the entire sales transaction i suppose. I certainly am not trying to weasel out of money i agreed to pay, in fact i had the $500 cash in my pocket when i went down to sign. We went over numbers again and i agreed to pay sticker to help the guy out...as well as most of the jeeps around here have been selling for sticker or more...well at least they were during august. I had been looking at the same jeep for over a month and i was tired of bickering about $10-15 a month. That seemed like the only area i could get into payment wise and that was through chrysler financial. He told me that to sweeten the deal i needed the $500 down to make me more appealing to the lenders. I agreed at first but when i thought about it that would have put me in a pinch for the first month. He offered to hold the check but i dont have checks i use a debit card. I told him to forget the money down and he told me that would make the payment go up. Now i said that was fine so i go into financing to sign the deal, and he asks me if im putting $ down or not and i say well tell me how much if i do and how much if i dont. it was something like 492.XX whatever with 500 down and 501.XX with no down payment. I told him to take the $500 off and keep the higher payment which he did, or half did. Upon closer inspection there are 2 places where it says downpayment amount and on the lesser of the 2 lines he has the $500 but on the top one it says n/a and thats what he pointed to when i looked it over b4 signing...in fact he pointed to it very firmly and asked if i was sure i didnt want to save some money in the long run. I replied by signing next to where it said n/a :yup: Anyways, to me that meant i owed nothing and my payment should be over 491.XX which it is with gap coverage it is $504.XX So to me that means my payment was figured with the $500 in place because the gap coverage wasnt that much. Not to mention they gave me $500 less for my trade than what it was worth and turned around and sold the darn truck for like $5000 over what they gave me. :mad: Thats another story. So my point is that while on one line it says like section 3 part c amount down payment $500 while under the top portion that he pointed to it says amount owed upon delivery for downpayment n/a. Also when i picked up the jeep and turned in the truck the next day (it was late that night) he had me sign another spot clean for delivery document that stated it was clean and apparently free from defect etc and it says i owed $0.00 due by n/a for downpayment. etc and who to pay and all that jazz but the salesman himself pointed to it and said i see you went with no money down. I didnt have the money the 2nd day b/c in my mind i had agreed NOT to put ANYthing down. And thats what the final document i signed when he handed me the keys said!!!!! :mad: :mad: I am very frustrated right now...the salesman didnt call back either so i dont know what to do....you guys are very helpful, and i dont want you to think i am a scam artist :sad2: I am just so pissed off that i am the one who offered to pay sticker b/c i was tired of bickering for a month or more and 2 months later!!!!!!! he wants some money that i didnt agree to pay!!!!!!! :hot: :cursing:

It seems a little gray, but if you had to got court over it, you would win. Techinically, it may be your responsibility but it is unclear and the dealer will not pursue it in a court. You may not want to service it there, but you reqally will not have to pay the money. Just be insistent that you in no way owe the money. After two and a half months, it is not really a strong case for the dealer.