JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Salesman just P'Od me big time (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/salesman-just-pod-me-big-time-19492/)

James76 11-02-2007 06:12 PM

My point is that paying $500 means i will never step foot in that dealership again b/c i DO NOT FEEL I OWE IT. But rather than go through the hassle of court and time off and all that horse crap i will pay the $500 and read more carefully myself next time, AND not set foot inside this dealer again...shame too since my recent service visit was fairly pleasant :sigh:

Edit oh and i think someone asked which dealer it was, it was Dave Dennis Chrysler Jeep and Dodge, in Beavercreek, Ohio This is supposed to be a 5 star dealer BTW

08UnlimitedSahara810 11-02-2007 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by James76 (Post 223734)
My point is that paying $500 means i will never step foot in that dealership again b/c i DO NOT FEEL I OWE IT. But rather than go through the hassle of court and time off and all that horse crap i will pay the $500 and read more carefully myself next time, AND not set foot inside this dealer again...shame too since my recent service visit was fairly pleasant :sigh:

Edit oh and i think someone asked which dealer it was, it was Dave Dennis Chrysler Jeep and Dodge, in Beavercreek, Ohio This is supposed to be a 5 star dealer BTW

At least try to fight it or settle on a lower amount before you lay down.

James76 11-02-2007 06:23 PM

We'll see if its just the salesman trying to collect for his a$$ or if the dealer wants the money from me....my guess is the dealer doesnt care where it comes from but the salesman does :yup:

Sporticon 11-02-2007 06:36 PM

Ok Enough with the dealership Bashing, I've been in the business for 10yrs, everything from salesperson to finance manager, closer, used car manager etc...

Ok now that that't out of the way here's what I've decifered from all of the posts.
  1. You have a contract that shows you put zero cash down
  2. On the total downpayment line shows $500
  3. They want you to pay the $500 down
  4. The $500 down shows on a rebates and incentive line
OK so heres the deal they goofed.... as far as I know there have not been any rebates on the JK wranglers, When they were working your deal they accidently put the 500 you were contemplating on putting down in the rebate section (1 wrong keystroke will do this) then when you went to finance or they were doing the final contract nobody ever caught that there was no rebate on the vehicle and had you sign a contract that showed 0 cash down and a 500 rebate, then the business office caught the sales managers or salesperson/fiinance persons mistake because there is no rebate and are now trying to collect it from you. It is human error on there part (if this is what your contract actually shows) and you do not owe them the money as long as on the cash down payment or deferred cash down payment line it shows n/a or a zero.
period end of story.

you don't have to pay if this is the case but please enough of the salesperson bashing he's just doing what hes told to by his boss.

Not all of us in the car business are A holes.

Enjoy the ride

James76 11-02-2007 06:43 PM

:yup: you have it exactly correct. And before this turns into world war III buyers vs sellers lets wait and see where this goes....