Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Short Conversation with a Mercedes guy

Old 09-22-2010, 02:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rawb77
Now that I think of it, both the Mercedes guy and the BMW guy are Europeans (I think Danish and Engrish)...I guess Offroading in Jeeps just isn't a big hobby over there? Maybe they only get Land Rovers or that cookey Mercedes offroad buggy looking goof machine?
Being Danish and family over in Europe.....You won't see many N.A. vehicles overseas due to poor fuel mileage (unless Diesel) and extremely High taxes on them. Last year, I had 25 family members come over for a month visit from Denmark, Sweden and Norway and our JKU was the hit!

Everyone wanted to drive or ride with no top & doors! My Cousins Daughters were begging both my cousins to buy one over in Sweden! I couldn't imagine putting on CB antenna it would have put them over the top.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'v got a friend from Holland who says big vehicles are more or less non existent to commuters. Between insane gas taxes, and road taxes, no one but the super rich can afford them, and even then, it would be littler more then a mall crawler. Even if you did find a place to offroad, many european countries have banned tires louder then most street tires. In the UK, the Duratrac is just on the edge of what is allowed. Almost ALL MT's are illegal under the new law.

Between the stuff mentioned above, and <Insert European country>'s gun laws, I wouldn't move there if my life depended on it.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Easy one the Merc guys...some of 'us' have both toys. One for wheelin' and one for screechin'. Ask the M5 fellow to take you for a spin in it sometime. Speed is as much a rush as going verticle up a hill! Best of both worlds.....
Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

for the company christmas party you should get him a huge magnetic antenna. No radio, just the antenna. he can be Bandit.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:47 PM
JK Newbie

people love Jeep's but they do find it stupid to give such money and buy one. I don't understand why they think that way because a Mercedes is not worth all that money either imo... They just think Jeep is not worth it
Old 09-23-2010, 04:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RRCP08JK
Easy one the Merc guys...some of 'us' have both toys. One for wheelin' and one for screechin'. Ask the M5 fellow to take you for a spin in it sometime. Speed is as much a rush as going verticle up a hill! Best of both worlds.....
Sounds like you've come into some money. I could use a Lift and a winch. Care to float me some dough lolol
Old 09-24-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RRCP08JK
I hear ya, My other wheels are made by BMW and just as much fun as the jeep which is my daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JK Front bumper 004..jpg
Views:	40
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	90642  

Quick Reply: Short Conversation with a Mercedes guy