Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Stupid mistake with half door leaves a nice dent

Old 05-30-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid mistake with half door leaves a nice dent

Ok, this is my bad. I am still in a bit of shock and want to puke after I saw the dent. I have owned jeeps for years 78 CJ7, 94 YJ and now my 3 month old JK. I was removing the door uppers in a bit of a hurry Friday for the long weekend. I was on my last door, front drivers and I yank up on the upper frame and the whole door came out of the hinges and hung by the strap and dented the door and mainly the, what do you call that part the rocker. It is connected to the fender so I'd call that the fender. It makes me sick just looking at it. I should know better. I know I should put the hinge nut back on but I like to go doorless at a moments notice. Anyone know I this is even fixable. I'm guessing body shop, a week or two and $. I didnt want to take the pic, I didnt want to post this, I dont even look at it when I get in the jeep. I know jeeps are suppose to have dents but it is 3 months old!

You can just barley see the dent in the bottom of the door. Makes me sick.......
Old 05-30-2010, 11:09 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

This first dent is always the most difficult. Sorry for your pain.

A short story to ease your pain, I hope: Had a hail storm a couple years ago. It really dented my hood terribly with jumbo egg size hail stones ...

That's a quarter in the picture ...

Four months ago I replaced the hood with one from someone on the forum who was getting an AEV. Right color and everything. I was really happy to be rid of that dented hood. Then a couple weeks ago ...

Three times as many dents, including now in the windshield surround and the metal that's behind the hood (where the wiper blades are). Dents are not as large, but there's sure a lot of them.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 05-30-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default Stupid mistake with half door leaves a nice dent

If I were you instead of payin a shop to fix it try gettin it pushed out flat and put some rocker gaurds over it good way to kill 2 birds with one stone!!!!
Old 05-30-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well....

You could always make up a cool story about how you saved the world and got chased my some bad guys....... And in the process you dented the jk......
Old 05-30-2010, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Mark: That sounds like my luck. I thought it was only me. +1 When I bought my YJ in 94 on a calm beautiful morning with no wind, a branch from out huge tree next to the driveway smacked the drivers fender. Almost punched it down to the tire. It was only 4 months old....

nukem1r: I was thinking about some rocker guard, Have you seen any that come up that high?
Old 05-30-2010, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Are there any diagrams showing how to remove the fender? I guess I could track down all the connecting points.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Teraflex, PureJeep, OR-Fab, Off Road Evolution, and others all make armor that covers that area up, and might cost less than getting it fixed.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As the good Dr. said

http://www.offroadevolution.com/stor...=EVO-ROCKSKINS

Click image for larger version

Name:	EVO-ROCKSKINS_medium..jpg
Views:	65
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	70361
Old 05-30-2010, 07:16 PM
JK Freak

Default cab cover

i want one cover like yours can u tell me where u bought it. does it fit on a hard top?
Old 05-30-2010, 08:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
This first dent is always the most difficult. Sorry for your pain.

A short story to ease your pain, I hope: Had a hail storm a couple years ago. It really dented my hood terribly with jumbo egg size hail stones ...

That's a quarter in the picture ...

Four months ago I replaced the hood with one from someone on the forum who was getting an AEV. Right color and everything. I was really happy to be rid of that dented hood. Then a couple weeks ago ...

Three times as many dents, including now in the windshield surround and the metal that's behind the hood (where the wiper blades are). Dents are not as large, but there's sure a lot of them.
I may be mistaken, but isn't that a garage right in front of your Jeep?

Quick Reply: Stupid mistake with half door leaves a nice dent