Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dahreno
It doesn't matter if I have second vehicle or not, I don't put anything on my Jeep that doesn't get me further down the trail. I don't understand what that has to do with having a second car ? BTW, my second car is also a Jeep ! LOL
You said "I really own a jeep for the places it gets me off-road, or I wouldn't own one" in your previous post .... So I would have thought your second vehicle would not be a jeep(turns out it is a jeep) because unless you're off-roading 95% of the time which is highly unlikely(more like 5% of the time your jeep sees off-road when you actually break down the numbers .... Hrs in a day per week your jeep(s) are on the trails). So I kinda feel bad for you stuck in a vehicle that 95% of the time is not off-road. I was just busting your balls for fun lol..... I love driving my jeep all the time off-road or not..... The feel of the open air, the hum of the tires, the height etc etc... I've probably done a hundred things to it mentioned on this thread others wouldn't do but I don't care .... My jeep has personality and I love it and that's the only thing that matters cause I'm the one who has to drive it ..... And I know there's a lot of others that wish they had my jeep to drive as well lol So back on topic ... I agree with never having tubular bumpers on my jeep, chrome mirrors, rails, light guards, hinges etc can't stand the looks of those things.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2669963951.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	378.3 KB
ID:	641539   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2621335401.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	641540   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3426315369.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	641541   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3188563096.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	321.3 KB
ID:	641542  

Last edited by robsjeep9; 03-22-2016 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

If I leave my garage and go right, I'm in dirt in two blocks. I can damn near make it to the Rubicon that way. Also, for those who hate chrome, you should widen your eyes, your new Jeeps are not the only ones around. My Jeep would look really weird with no Chrome ! What would you do, sand thousands of dollars worth of chrome and stainless to do what, paint it ? I doubt it !
Old 03-23-2016, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

If I leave my garage and go right, I'm in dirt in two blocks. I can damn near make it to the Rubicon that way. Also, for those who hate chrome, you should widen your eyes, your new Jeeps are not the only ones around. My Jeep would look really weird with no Chrome ! What would you do, sand thousands of dollars worth of chrome and stainless to do what, paint it ? I doubt it !
i think it is more of adding tacky chrome on to the vehicle not what it may of come out with from the factory.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:53 AM
JK Junkie

Lol you must be a little thick!!! It's irrelevant how close you are to the Rubicon or that you're on dirt roads 2 blocks away???? Why do you own a jeep?? Two jeeps????(refer to your original post) you aren't in 4 Lo 95% of the time are you? You're not off-road 95% of the time either!!! Are you???? I doubt it !!!!
Old 03-23-2016, 12:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll tell ya back in my day when we got the up armored hmmvvs as compared to the softop/soft doors, I felt a hell of a lot safer, even though they're a little bit heavier. Lmao
Old 03-23-2016, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In each car group there is always so much hate towards others... where people think their taste is better than others and they know more than the other guy.

I find a lot of the comments in this thread kinda sad. Some peoples wants are to have a cool looking rig, but they never really want to take it off road or get it dirty; cool props to them for doing what they like. Some people want a rig that they can bash thru rocks and up the gnarliest stuff they can find, again cool to them for doing something they enjoy. Some only want things they can justify a use for, otherwise they are not going to put it on their rig, again .

The local jeep club I like most that I am part of is open to all who want to get out and enjoy the outdoors, whether they have the hottest bestest badassiest looking JK or have some POS "is-that-safe-to-drive?" 1980 homemade vehicle/thing. Just cause someone chooses to do something different from your taste doesn't mean they should burn in hell and their tastes ridiculed. I'm just surprised at how much hate there is in the JKs. Now let the flaming of my attitude commence.

Old 03-23-2016, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by spicoli
In each car group there is always so much hate towards others... where people think their taste is better than others and they know more than the other guy.

I find a lot of the comments in this thread kinda sad. Some peoples wants are to have a cool looking rig, but they never really want to take it off road or get it dirty; cool props to them for doing what they like. Some people want a rig that they can bash thru rocks and up the gnarliest stuff they can find, again cool to them for doing something they enjoy. Some only want things they can justify a use for, otherwise they are not going to put it on their rig, again .

The local jeep club I like most that I am part of is open to all who want to get out and enjoy the outdoors, whether they have the hottest bestest badassiest looking JK or have some POS "is-that-safe-to-drive?" 1980 homemade vehicle/thing. Just cause someone chooses to do something different from your taste doesn't mean they should burn in hell and their tastes ridiculed. I'm just surprised at how much hate there is in the JKs. Now let the flaming of my attitude commence.

I agree. It's a whole lot easier to skip over a thread full of "dumbasses that don't know what they're talking about." But to flame them is to try and prove your validity over theirs. I do feel sad for the JKU Saharas that never had their top down or doors off, bc THEY are missing out on the experiences that they have right at their fingertips. But to each their own. If they love their rig and want to chrome it up, affects me zero.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing I won't do to my Jeep? Let someone else's opinion influence what I want to do to MY Jeep or what I do with my Jeep.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
The thing I won't do to my Jeep? Let someone else's opinion influence what I want to do to MY Jeep or what I do with my Jeep.
Best answer ever.
Old 03-26-2016, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Hallelujah!

Quick Reply: Thngs you'll never do to your Jeep. The critic's thread.