Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

tire leaks

Old 08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire leaks

one of the tires leaks, aired to 40psi last night at 10pm, this morning 10am i checked, only shows 10psi.. took right to tire shop, they didn't find anything how come? what makes me sad is my sahara is only 4 days old :sad:
Old 08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
JK Freak

Check your valve stem & side walls. (If it is flat again tommorow)
There is a chance the scrader valve didn't seat correctly the frst time you aired up. And in inflating the second time (I assume) to go to shop, the valve seated correctly.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cim330
one of the tires leaks, aired to 40psi last night at 10pm, this morning 10am i checked, only shows 10psi.. took right to tire shop, they didn't find anything how come? what makes me sad is my sahara is only 4 days old :sad:
Slow leaks are hard to detect but not uncommon. They may need to pop the tire off bead and look at it from the inside to find the nail. Also it could be a valve stem leak but that is usually on an older tire.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a very tiny hole on the sidewall.. tire shop says it's not fixable, I need to replace the tire :sad: cannot believe this, 4 days I now need a new tire

is there any warranty on the tire? maybe I should take it back to Jeep.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a very tiny hole on the sidewall.. tire shop says it's not fixable, I need to replace the tire :sad: cannot believe this, 4 days I now need a new tire

I would try the dealership since its so new. Maybe they can get you a new tire at cost and just charge you to mount and balance it. That would be a smart CS move for them.

If they don't make any attempt at a gesture and tell you to get lost then f'em.

Since its such a slow leak, maybe it was there when you bought it?

I'm not advocating any lying or trying to get anything free, but the Jeep is only 4 days off the lot and the dealership should be more than willing to help you out with even a small gesture as I mentioned.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Nope no warranty on the tire. I would still try taking it back but most likely they will say you drove it home we have no clue what you may have hit that caused it. We will order you one and it will cost $$$$$ go to a local tire store that sells this brand and you can get an exact replacement (usually same day) for only $$$.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Nope no warranty on the tire. I would still try taking it back but most likely they will say you drove it home we have no clue what you may have hit that caused it. We will order you one and it will cost $$$$$ go to a local tire store that sells this brand and you can get an exact replacement (usually same day) for only $$$.
I would still try the dealership. Tell them its only 4 days since you bought it from THEM. And if they could help you get one at cost or near, and then offer to pay for the balancing and mounting.

I know its a tire, but there has to be a dealership out there that has alittle class and aftercare for the product they just sold you.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys for the advices, I will talk to my dealer see what they are willing to do.

The tire shop I went to yesterday said they fixed the 2 holes on sidewall, but I find it still leaks after fix so they either lied or there are more than 2 holes.. WTF??!! someone hates me so much??

Quick Reply: tire leaks