Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Took the bait again!

Old 12-26-2013, 05:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Took the bait again!

Well, the wife and I put in an order for a 2014 Rubicon X unlimited in Granite Pearl with dual top group today! Gonna be an anxious wait because we are in Germany, but it'll be worth it. This will be my second Rubicon Unlimited. Had one in 2010 and loved it. But I traded it because I hated the engine. If I woulda known how much I would miss it I probably wouldn't have gotten rid of it.

I will be sure to post pictures here when we go pick it up in a couple months.

... Gonna miss the GTI, I'm sure. But it hasn't been the same since it was rear-ended in the snow by a Chevy Avalanche. Almost 6k worth of damage and it has been a bucket of rattles ever since.

We love snow wheeling and adventuring in Jeeps out in Colorado. So hopefully when we get out of Germany we can once again call Colorado home.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new Rubi! The good news is that the 3.8L you hated so much in your previous Jeep has been replaced by a 3.6L Pentastar, kicking out ~80hp more.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 7kings
Congrats on the new Rubi! The good news is that the 3.8L you hated so much in your previous Jeep has been replaced by a 3.6L Pentastar, kicking out ~80hp more.
Yes! And I am completely stoked about it! I traded the old one in March 2011 for my VW, so imagine how I felt when I realized if I had waited 9 months I would have been able to trade that Jeep I loved so much for one I would love more...

We do have a Wrangler X 2 door at home being taken care of by my father in law, and we love that one. The lighter 2 door is barely ok with the 3.8. So that will be mine to drive around when we get home.

My wife is so excited. I really hooked her for a date when we first met by telling her drove a Jeep, lol. We made some great memories in that old Jeep. So now we get to make more awesome memories in a new one. I decided to go with the Rubicon X because it already has the stuff for the type of wheeling we do. More expedition trail type stuff. So I will still get to mod it, but don't have to do all the extreme expensive stuff!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Couldn't you order a diesel over there?
Old 12-26-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Couldn't you order a diesel over there?
You know, I really wish I could. But I'm in the military, and getting Euro spec vehicles into the states is quite the ordeal, and very expensive. I looked into it because there are so many cars sold in Europe that I would love to have, but it costs almost as much as the car itself to get it into the states.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Argh! I thought that would be one of the benefits of buying over there. Welcome back to the Jeep fold!!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by zstairlessone
Argh! I thought that would be one of the benefits of buying over there. Welcome back to the Jeep fold!!
Ha! I know! It's incredibly frustrating when you are walking downtown and a Wrangler Unlimited drives by and you hear that diesel clatter!
Old 12-27-2013, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new rig, you're gonna love the 3.6
Old 12-27-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my paid off 2008 with the lifetime warranty and I feel like I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

But... The new models are frikkin' amazing.

Question: is DW a thing of the last with the new models?
Old 12-28-2013, 02:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spartan99
I love my paid off 2008 with the lifetime warranty and I feel like I wouldn't trade it in for anything.

But... The new models are frikkin' amazing.

Question: is DW a thing of the last with the new models?
Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I have had 2 JK's already, and haven't experienced dw. However, I haven't lifted or added bigger tires to one either. And I also couldn't tell you if people with stock JK's get dw.

Quick Reply: Took the bait again!