Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ugh! Shrockworks!!

Old 04-16-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Ugh! Shrockworks!!

OK so I ordered Shrockworks rock rails.... well everytime I call I am given a different they will ship...a few weeks ago I was told they would ship the first week of April...Last week I was told they would ship end of the week or first thing this week...NOW I am told I will have them in a FEW weeks! ???!! I guess i wouldn't be so frustrated if they has better customer contact....ya know they charged me back in March....the full amount so if there was problems would an email be so much to ask?????? Seeing on how they have my money and I am just in the dark??????? I know things happen-- but come on --- a little information goes a long wayyyy in keeping the customer happy......ugh!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Just curious if anyone else ordered thru them and what was your experience??? I can think of a million better things to do with 560.00 right now.....I am so frustrated!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the warning. I was about to order mine this week, but I might go with a different brand. I love the style of the shrockworks and the quality, but if it is gonna take months to get them then I might have to order some from somewhere else. Have you seen any from other manufacturers that look and are made similar?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Enteric-- I like their style too...and I could even deal with it taking awhile...but there is no communication -- unless you contact them....and even then so far I have been told three different ship dates--- and again if they could have emailed saying there was a problem...I would not be so frustrated....
Old 04-16-2007, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the problems with shrockworks. I was planning to order their rocksliders also. I don't mind the wait but they shouldn't charge your account until they ship the product. In my experience with sportscar and motorcycle aftermarket companies, i have never had my card charged until the product ships. I'm new to the Jeep world but this seems a little strange to me.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like their stuff too and was going to order some but.......I am so angry at these vendors that believe the best way to take care of customers and build a good reputation is to take orders, take the money and then continually lie about when they are actually going to ship the product. Even better, after a long wait, you get the stuff and it is not a true bolt-on. Nothing lines up or the finish is bad. All because they wanted to get them out on the market and get their share of business before another company capitalized on the market. God bless these vendors! (sarcastic)
Old 04-16-2007, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

i ordered mine mid-March and haven't heard a thing from them after the order. I knew it was gonna take at least a month, so I purposely tried to forget about it and that's the only reason why I'm not annoyed. I'm at a month now, so I'll start getting ansy in a few weeks, but for now, I'll forget that I ordered them once again to stay sane.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:49 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Let me guess, you ordered them powdercoated? From what I heard they are having problems with the company that does the powdercoating and thats where the delay is happening. If you ordered them bare steel then you should have got them in a couple of weeks. It took about 5 weeks for my rock rails to come in. I also heard the front bumpers are taking a bit longer due to a mess up with the jigs and they are having to do some extra welding. The products tho are top notch and worth the wait.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:58 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by skibum
Sorry to hear about the problems with shrockworks. I was planning to order their rocksliders also. I don't mind the wait but they shouldn't charge your account until they ship the product. In my experience with sportscar and motorcycle aftermarket companies, i have never had my card charged until the product ships. I'm new to the Jeep world but this seems a little strange to me.
well the thing about these is that they build them when you order them, why should they build them and then find out that the money wasn't in your bank account ect. They have just spent time and money that they could of spent on a paying customer. Thats just my thoughts. Most companies do this and you guys are just gonna have to get use to waiting on bumpers/sliders ect. They're are a lot of orders for a small company. Remember they make bumpers for many other vehicles as well and are also trying to design a rear bumper as well as a full width front bumper.

I do agree that most of the companies should just go ahead and say 2 months and that way when it ships in 5 weeks the customer is happy. I went through the same deal with LoD. It was gonna ship the next week for 3 weeks in a row. Then the same thing on the rear bumper.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pretty sure by law they can not charge your credit card till they ship unless you ordered something custom made which it doesn't sound like you did......piss poor customer service if you ask me.

Quick Reply: Ugh! Shrockworks!!