Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ugh! Shrockworks!!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ummmm...ok TEV I did order them powder coated....BUT they are saying its a "bracket" thing....which again...If they had better customer service I wouldn't be so frustrated....a simple email-- I.E. there has been a change in the brackets used for the Rock sliders for the 4 door JK's....this will delay shipping them for another few weeks.... That's all I am asking....I have called 3 times and gotten 3 different ship times-- come on- you HAVE to agree -- now that is frustrating!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

one more thing..does anybody have them??? Are they really worth the wait? Today when I called they said I could cancel my order-- but I know I will just go thru all this again with another company because it seems they all have horrible customer service....Maybe I don't really want/need rock rails... I really thought I would order and have them in a few weeks- a month at best...and if they are such a small company they sould say on the web site that it may take a few months to receive...But I have been "expecting" them since the first week of April...Now it looks like it will be well into may before I recieve them........ugh ugh ugh...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEV
well the thing about these is that they build them when you order them, why should they build them and then find out that the money wasn't in your bank account ect. They have just spent time and money that they could of spent on a paying customer. Thats just my thoughts. Most companies do this and you guys are just gonna have to get use to waiting on bumpers/sliders ect. They're are a lot of orders for a small company. Remember they make bumpers for many other vehicles as well and are also trying to design a rear bumper as well as a full width front bumper.

I do agree that most of the companies should just go ahead and say 2 months and that way when it ships in 5 weeks the customer is happy. I went through the same deal with LoD. It was gonna ship the next week for 3 weeks in a row. Then the same thing on the rear bumper.
Typically, a company that custom builds something to your order will charge you upon reciept of the order. I have owned some obscure motorcycles and have had to have things (exhaust systems, etc.) custom made and in those cases, I expected to pay upfront. I have also owned bikes that were so common that everything was available from a catalog. In those instances, my card was charged when the item shipped rather than upon reciept of my order. Is Shrockworks a "custom" manufacturer? Not from what I have seen. They have a catalog of Jeep products. The average customer probably expects that when they place an order, the parts will be pulled from the shelf and shipped. If thats not the case, you should be informed of a "backorder" status, and not be charged until your parts ship. Just my .02.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

TOTALLY in AGREEMENT skibum!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKGirl
TOTALLY in AGREEMENT skibum!!!!
Not to threadjack or anything, but where in Michigan are you from. I'm from Frankenmuth originally (home of the endless chicken dinner and world's largest Xmas store) . Don't get home much anymore unfortunately.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

SW Michigan --Detroit area!!! I LOVE Frankenmuth!!!!! Fun place to go...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

by the way skibum-- your Jeep sounds cool... hee hee...
Old 04-16-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKGirl
by the way skibum-- your Jeep sounds cool... hee hee...
Will be when its done. M go blue!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by onsafari
Pretty sure by law they can not charge your credit card till they ship unless you ordered something custom made which it doesn't sound like you did......piss poor customer service if you ask me.
Pretty sure you're wrong about that. You might want to do some fact checking before firing that out there....

I think once you make the order they are entitled to charge the card. It's not as if you can't have them reverse the charges on cancellation, or dispute with the CC company. I find it odd that everyone makes it sound like the guys are stealing from you.

This is a pretty common practice and as was mentioned, this is done a lot of times to ensure you have sufficient funds. When they are mfg a piece for you, they don't want to waste time and materials on someone who doesn't have the cash.

With most of the manufacturers that are making JK parts right now, the demand is so high and the inventory is so low because of the newness of all of this - you might as well consider any order a pre-order.

That being said, it sounds like they could have handled the communication end a bit better jkgirl....it happens.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Pretty sure you're wrong about that. You might want to do some fact checking before firing that out there....

I think once you make the order they are entitled to charge the card. It's not as if you can't have them reverse the charges on cancellation, or dispute with the CC company. I find it odd that everyone makes it sound like the guys are stealing from you.

This is a pretty common practice and as was mentioned, this is done a lot of times to ensure you have sufficient funds. When they are mfg a piece for you, they don't want to waste time and materials on someone who doesn't have the cash.

With most of the manufacturers that are making JK parts right now, the demand is so high and the inventory is so low because of the newness of all of this - you might as well consider any order a pre-order.

That being said, it sounds like they could have handled the communication end a bit better jkgirl....it happens.

I think you should check your facts yourself.......

This is not a custom part it's a catalog on the shelf item that is back order thus you cannot be charged for said item till it's ready for shipment.

Quick Reply: Ugh! Shrockworks!!