Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ugh! Shrockworks!!

Old 04-16-2007, 10:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
M
Be patient--all good things come with patience.
"Patience my a$$......I'm gonna kill sumpthin!", said the buzzard
Old 04-16-2007, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as "demanding better customer service", I think it is being done in this thread. Like I said in my previous post, I like the quality and look of the Shrockworks, but after this, I'm not buying them. I'll find something better, or something that will actually ship when I pay for it. I do agree that the delay is going to be long for most JK adds, but maybe I can find a vender that will be strait-up with me. If not, or they sucker me in and then make me wait, yes, I will cancel my order. I know they rarely notice when one person cancels an order when you have so many, but It makes me feel better.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by skibum
Typically, a company that custom builds something to your order will charge you upon reciept of the order. I have owned some obscure motorcycles and have had to have things (exhaust systems, etc.) custom made and in those cases, I expected to pay upfront. I have also owned bikes that were so common that everything was available from a catalog. In those instances, my card was charged when the item shipped rather than upon reciept of my order. Is Shrockworks a "custom" manufacturer? Not from what I have seen. They have a catalog of Jeep products. The average customer probably expects that when they place an order, the parts will be pulled from the shelf and shipped. If thats not the case, you should be informed of a "backorder" status, and not be charged until your parts ship. Just my .02.
Everything we have is made to order. We typically do not stock anything unless it is a simple product with no option...like a skid plate. If you look at the front bumper, with three different tube options and three different finishes, there are 9 possible variants. Some of our products have 4-5 options customers can choose from. The make-to-order nature of the products and the current lead time is always communicated to people ordering over the phone , but it is not addressed well at all on the new www site. We do need to fix this. Also, unless we have agreed to do something pure custom (i.e. non a standard option) we will always give a full refund immediately if requested.

Please believe me when I tell you that it's a heck of a lot harder and a lot more complicated than you think! ...and it has nothing to do with not caring about customer service. I've worked 12-16 hrs a day 6-7 days a week for the last several years to build this company and our reputation for a quality products and good customer service, but everyone has to sleep sometime, you can't make products with components you dont have, etc.... Being a small company, huge spikes in order volume and problems getting things from suppliers cause major issues that simply cant be resolved immediately. Now that I think about it though, it seems that DC / Jeep has the similar issues, so maybe size doesn't always fix this. These are very low volume niche products with small companies producing and we dont have the resources of someone like Dell Computer or other consumer products companies. Think about this....how many hand made in the USA products have you purchased lately.....especially something made from made from 100+ lbs of steel?

Anyway, enough with the excuses, I know there is room for improvement, and believe me we are constantly working hard on it.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shrockworks
Everything we have is made to order. We typically do not stock anything unless it is a simple product with no option...like a skid plate. If you look at the front bumper, with three different tube options and three different finishes, there are 9 possible variants. Some of our products have 4-5 options customers can choose from. The make-to-order nature of the products and the current lead time is always communicated to people ordering over the phone , but it is not addressed well at all on the new www site. We do need to fix this. Also, unless we have agreed to do something pure custom (i.e. non a standard option) we will always give a full refund immediately if requested.

Please believe me when I tell you that it's a heck of a lot harder and a lot more complicated than you think! ...and it has nothing to do with not caring about customer service. I've worked 12-16 hrs a day 6-7 days a week for the last several years to build this company and our reputation for a quality products and good customer service, but everyone has to sleep sometime, you can't make products with components you dont have, etc.... Being a small company, huge spikes in order volume and problems getting things from suppliers cause major issues that simply cant be resolved immediately. Now that I think about it though, it seems that DC / Jeep has the similar issues, so maybe size doesn't always fix this. These are very low volume niche products with small companies producing and we dont have the resources of someone like Dell Computer or other consumer products companies. Think about this....how many hand made in the USA products have you purchased lately.....especially something made from made from 100+ lbs of steel?

Anyway, enough with the excuses, I know there is room for improvement, and believe me we are constantly working hard on it.
My apologies and I stand corrected. I assumed that rocksliders would be a stock part. Thanks for the info and I hope you won't hold it against me when I order mine
Old 04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JKGirl
Maybe Jeep owners should demand better customer service...instead of just saying...well they are "worth the wait"....again I am not so much frustrated on that they charged me its because they cannot give me a straight ship date!!! It keeps changing!!! Threee times!!!! Is an email too much to ask if there are problems?
I know this sucks and I hate it too. Unfortunately reality changes and assumptions are sometimes wrong, so what was an reasonable & accurate guess at a ship date today, may not be two days later. I wish I could take the time to go through our entire list of orders, see who called when and what they were told and send out updates where appropriate....I really do...but I cant w/o it causing even more delays to actually making and shipping products, and creating even more problems.

We decided to make some changes to the brackets after your first call, and that's the main cause of the delay.

Also, everyone please try to keep this in some perspective in terms of the overall amount of time. I've seen a couple people on here worried about orders taking months.... This order was placed on 3/21. It's been a little over 3 weeks since then. We usually quote 3-4 weeks. It's going to end up being 5 1/2 weeks, that isnt good, and I dont like it, but it isn't dramatically off what what we typically estimate as a normal lead time.

Last edited by shrockworks; 04-16-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shrockworks
I know this sucks and I hate it too. Unfortunately reality changes and assumptions are sometimes wrong, so what was an reasonable & accurate guess at a ship date today, may not be two days later. I wish I could take the time to go through our entire list of orders, see who called when and what they were told and send out updates where appropriate....I really do...but I cant w/o it causing even more delays to actually making and shipping products, and creating even more problems.

We decided to make some changes to the brackets after your first call, and that's the main cause of the delay.

Also, everyone please try to keep this in some perspective in terms of the overall amount of time. I've seen a couple people on here worried about orders taking months.... This order was placed on 3/21. It's been a little over 3 weeks since then. We usually quote 3-4 weeks. It's going to end up being 5 1/2 weeks, that isnt good, and I dont like it, but it isn't dramatically off what what we typically estimate as a normal lead time.
Just tell everyone that it will take 6 weeks to receive their order...it's company policy. If a lot of people get their orders in 3 or 4 weeks, you'll have a lot of happy customers. The perception will be that you guys exceed expectations when it comes to delivery times.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
JK Jedi

Well if it is any concellation, I have my rails and like them alot.

I have a small business and I understand delays and the need to charge up front for items. Employee wages, shop rent, material bills, etc come in the door at lightning speed and you need that revenue to build the products.

I can't speak personally for shrockworks, but I know most small companies are putting sweat and time just to survive and make a decent living. They can't have someone just sitting there answering phones and playing on the internet all day keeping everyone informed. My order had a couple little delays, nobody e-mailed me, but when I called, someone pick up the phone and gave me an update. Once Jim even picked up the phone after hours to give me an update. I am sure when things quiet down a bit with the JK, all this anxiousness will wind down too.

I just read a thread where someone canceled their order from another supplier, refused shipping and ordered from someone else. I am sure that someone had to eat the cost of shipping both ways, probably the supplier. On things that cost $70 or more to ship each way, how many of those can a company swallow and still try to make a buck. Heck the way people are changing their mind on this forum from day to day on lifts,wheels,bumpers,sliders, etc., I wouldn't build anything without the money up front.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got mine as well...it is worth the wait...these sliders are awesome! You won't be disappointed 1 bit.

IMHO...they are the best out on the market!
Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine took a few weeks more than I expected but its worth the wait. The rails are very well built. I am now waiting on my front bumper. When they have a rear bumper I will ordering that too.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rescue X
I've got mine as well...it is worth the wait...these sliders are awesome! You won't be disappointed 1 bit.

IMHO...they are the best out on the market!

Definetly the best out on the market!!

Quick Reply: Ugh! Shrockworks!!