Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Want to take the plunge but can't decide on colour

Old 10-25-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me I like the hydro blue but go walk around the dealership see what speaks to you
Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^ x2

Go see some in person and whatever catches your eye you'll know it when you see it what color speaks to you.

I was all gaga for the Anvil when it came out, looking online for pics and whatnot.., but when I went to the dealership to see it on a sunny day in person it looked different to me. Like a "battleship grey" and was kind of boring to me. At night it definitely looked cooler, some of the bluish-grey hue seems to pop more at night. I like COLOR. My 08 was red rock. I considered a black or white jeep but decided I might get "bored" with it. I really liked Billet, but I had a silver truck once and wasn't in love with it. Granite is a pretty badass color in person... had I waited another 6 months I might've grabbed that.

Anyways, saw a commando green and immediately said "that's my jeep" and took it home. Sometimes you just know

No matter what you decide, you're going to love your jeep!

-Mike
Old 10-25-2013, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

1 Granite
2 White
3 Red
Old 10-25-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would take granite over red or white. I always try to consider what will be the easiest to maintain. Yea it's a Jeep but we all like to wash them now & then. But more than color I want the vehicle with options that interest me for the best price. Either way you go it's still going to be a good looking Jeep. Good Luck with your decision!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by brikino
PS Yes, I've seen one in person. My buddy just finished working on one for a customer and I've been by his shop every few days to watch the build. The color is awesome and the dark gray/granite soft top option is bad a$$ with that color. Here are a few pics of the customer's ride... (these were taken by a camera phone with cloudy skies and the sun setting so sorry for the low quality)
Yeah that does look pretty choice eh.

Thanks for putting the pick up. And no worries about the clouds/sun cause I am interested in how they look in all situation.

Thanks to everyone else so far for all the input too. Lots of good stuff.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your thinking too much into it. I went to the dealership, saw my 2dr white JK, and knew that was what I wanted. Once you start taking others opinions it gets too complicated. I would have been the same way if I knew about all these forums. Get what you like, that's why it's your Jeep! Let us know what you pick.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Dune is a nice color choice.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Very personal choice....and for me I really like a unique color....our JKU is Rescue Green it pops, and people (even non-jeepers) ask me about it.

If I was in the OP shoes....

1/ Granite
2/ Red

The Granite is a very cool unique color you don't see too much of.

What ever you choose....under the paint its all Jeep Wrangler....you can't loose
Old 10-25-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Newbie

I love my JKU Dozer.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 PM
JK Junkie

I love my bright red, I forget the jeep name for it...

My prior jeep was a medium bright yellow TJ, but the colors back then weren't as vivid as the current ones, and there were less choices, the 3 before that were all bright red!

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Want to take the plunge but can't decide on colour