Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Want to take the plunge but can't decide on colour

Old 10-26-2013, 12:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default saw one at dealers yesterday

wasn't bad looking id go that color after seeing it dressed with black , the one I saw had chrome side rails lol I was thinking yuck it was a 2 door sport with a tag od 31 grand im thinkin for a sport????????? are they ok ?? that's crazy im sure it has options but no lockers or dana 44s up front it still has 3.21 gears it said
Old 10-26-2013, 02:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those are all great colors. I went with Black, but wouldn't do it again. Although it looks awesome (it really does), it turns into the surface of the sun after only a few minutes of daylight.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brikino
PS Yes, I've seen one in person. My buddy just finished working on one for a customer and I've been by his shop every few days to watch the build. The color is awesome and the dark gray/granite soft top option is bad a$$ with that color. Here are a few pics of the customer's ride... (these were taken by a camera phone with cloudy skies and the sun setting so sorry for the low quality)
That's the first pic I've seen of the granite and I really like it. I was considering the billet but I might have to go with the granite. Going to to look for one at a dealership to see it in person.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brikino
PS Yes, I've seen one in person. My buddy just finished working on one for a customer and I've been by his shop every few days to watch the build. The color is awesome and the dark gray/granite soft top option is bad a$$ with that color. Here are a few pics of the customer's ride... (these were taken by a camera phone with cloudy skies and the sun setting so sorry for the low quality)
That color looks alot like anvil imo
Old 10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
JK Newbie

Good luck choosing. There are so many great colors out there. Personally I don't like white on a jeep but that's just me. I wound up with Anvil although originally I wanted commando green.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by webejeepin
Very personal choice....and for me I really like a unique color....our JKU is Rescue Green it pops, and people (even non-jeepers) ask me about it.

If I was in the OP shoes....

1/ Granite
2/ Red

The Granite is a very cool unique color you don't see too much of.

What ever you choose....under the paint its all Jeep Wrangler....you can't loose
Yeah I think the last part of your post there sums it up best, and makes me realize I shouldn't worry so much about it.

So, as an update: I went looking at different lots tonight, and a new colour has entered the discussion.. Billet.

I'd never really given it much of a chance because I always simply assumed it was just traditional car silver, but when I really looked at it, there's a lot more to it than that. And it looked really good at sunset just with the lights in the lot. So I'm seriously considering that one now.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Definitely get the granite crystal. It is an awesome color, and will be worth more down the road as it will be an uncommon color that will have a huge demand.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:16 PM
JK Junkie

I would find a dealer with a lot of different colors in stock and just walk around and sees what really grabs you

If you can't do that look at a bunch of show and tell threads...

Here's a small inspiration shot, from the Bethel Maine Jamboree

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Want to take the plunge but can't decide on colour