Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Want to take the plunge but can't decide on colour

Old 10-24-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to take the plunge but can't decide on colour

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be ordering my first Jeep soon... or so I think.
I've been saying that for quite a while now but can't seem to go do it because every-day I'm flip-flopping on what colour I want.

I know I'm probably worrying about it too much, and I'll be happy with whatever I get, but I just wanna make the right choice and have no regrets.

I'm basically choosing between white, granite, and flame red.

I think I'm leaning most towards the granite. It's really sharp. But then sometimes I'll see a red or white one on the road, and they just look so classic and cool, and I start thinking about one of those two.

Does anyone have any advice on selecting or on these colours that could finally push me over the edge?

Much appreciated
Old 10-24-2013, 05:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by klucas31
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be ordering my first Jeep soon... or so I think.
I've been saying that for quite a while now but can't seem to go do it because every-day I'm flip-flopping on what colour I want.

I know I'm probably worrying about it too much, and I'll be happy with whatever I get, but I just wanna make the right choice and have no regrets.

I'm basically choosing between white, granite, and flame red.

I think I'm leaning most towards the granite. It's really sharp. But then sometimes I'll see a red or white one on the road, and they just look so classic and cool, and I start thinking about one of those two.

Does anyone have any advice on selecting or on these colours that could finally push me over the edge?

Much appreciated
Personally I say granite cause is a bad ass color and everyone has a red or white jeep but hey that's just me
Old 10-24-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kind of faced a similar situation. I was in the hunt for a red Jeep. Could have even been a TJ at the time ('07 and '08).

It ended up being a silly thing to sway my decision, but it came down to seeing different colors under the dealerships lights at night. Red just didn't look 'right'. Black was consistently sharp. Went with black.

I guess what I'm saying is perhaps consider the color of the JK in different lighting situations...
Old 10-24-2013, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced
Personally I say granite cause is a bad ass color and everyone has a red or white jeep but hey that's just me
Yeah that's a good point. I actually don't think I've ever seen a granite Wrangler around here.

Which brings up something else actually, has anyone seen one in person? Cause I've only seen pics but don't totally trust them.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by yo_marc
I kind of faced a similar situation. I was in the hunt for a red Jeep. Could have even been a TJ at the time ('07 and '08).

It ended up being a silly thing to sway my decision, but it came down to seeing different colors under the dealerships lights at night. Red just didn't look 'right'. Black was consistently sharp. Went with black.

I guess what I'm saying is perhaps consider the color of the JK in different lighting situations...
That's interesting to think about yeah. Definitely want something that'll look cool in all situations... day, night, urban, rural, summer, winter, etc.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

The granite is awesome, but my last JK was red and i really liked it as well, good luck on the choice
Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote granite. Then decorate dat paint job with trees and the rest of nature

If you care, white obviously hides the best of the 3
Old 10-24-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Go for granite
Old 10-24-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Granite but make sure you go with the dark gray versus black soft top option. The gray soft top goes really well with the granite and closely matches the standard (non-paint matched) fender flares. The combo looks awesome!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

PS Yes, I've seen one in person. My buddy just finished working on one for a customer and I've been by his shop every few days to watch the build. The color is awesome and the dark gray/granite soft top option is bad a$$ with that color. Here are a few pics of the customer's ride... (these were taken by a camera phone with cloudy skies and the sun setting so sorry for the low quality)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Granite 1.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	507902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Granite 2.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	507903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Granite 3.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	80.2 KB