Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where did the Jeep wave go?

Old 09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did the Jeep wave go?

Back when I had my TJ a decade ago, I got Jeep waves from all swb Jeeps and even some Cherokees. Now with my '08 Rubicon, I don't get so much of a look. Is it just my area or is this some deal where yuppies are buying Jeeps as a "fashion statement" and not understanding the Jeep way of life? Or is it that people are just in their own world and couldn't care less about other folks on the road? Regardless, I miss the Jeep brotherhood I would see on the road. End of rant, thanks for listening, or rather reading...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

I think you're right on all points. Most people just don't get it.

Here's a wave for you from AZ!!!

?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

^^x2 Here is a wave from South Carolina for ya though....
Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once the Jeep Wrangler got 4 doors it openned itself up to all the soccer moms that wanted to feel that wind in they're hair but couldn't justify a 2 door. Great for business, bad for the culture. The nice thing is by selling so many JK's to people who don't really understand the Jeep life style, it has ensured that we will continue to enjoy Jeeps for a while to come. Now we just have to make sure that they don't water down the Wrangler into IFS comfortable riding wanna-be-mobile. In short the Jeep wave is dead but the soul lives on in us that understand it. Keep waving it un-nerves those that don't understand!
Old 09-18-2012, 12:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Where I live, there are so many Jeeps, the community of it is gone. It would be like a club you joined if you had two arms--so common it's not even interesting.

That said, I still wave at modded Jeeps because they probably get it.

It's a total waste of time to wave at a bone stock JKU. Almost zero % chance of them waving back.

Also, there are 4 or 5 of these threads.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are so many Jeeps around I've cut back on waving. Probably wave 1 out of 4 times now. Typically just to the non-JK's because they either initiate, or I know I'll get a response. I live and commute in an urban area, and sometimes it's just too distracting to have to worry about...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Here is a wave from me...
Old 09-18-2012, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeres a wave from Mass!
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've gotten in the habbit of only returning waves, got burnt out on not getting returned waves. It seems that there are more and more people driving 4 dr JK's that use them as a simple SUV and aren't aware of the Jeep culture. Oh well

Last edited by k0260; 09-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM
JK Newbie

I figured there were other threads, but I had to vent where I knew people would read and understand. Oddly, I have begun to enjoy waving at those who don't get it, simply to get the "who the hell are you" look from them. It's not as satisfying as a wave back, but it's funny. Thanks for the waves guys. I guess it's to the point where a wave back means more than it did when I had my TJ.

Quick Reply: Where did the Jeep wave go?