Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who got the best deal on a 07 Wrangler X

Old 02-10-2007, 01:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mattbenn8
I ordered mine thru AAFES. Got a great deal on a 2dr I pick it up in 17 days!!!!
Check out http://www.encs.com Their pricing on the web site is not correct, but it has pdf files of the mfg rebates offered to the military that change at the beginning of every month. When I got mine it was $1600. The last time I checked it was 500 for the 2dr and 1000(i think) for the 4dr. If you put a refundable deposit(I want to say $200) they'll just give you whatever the highest rebate was between the time you put the depostit down and the time you picked up the car.

Matt
Nice! How did the prices fare against dealer prices? What was the time between order and delivery and did you go with one in inventory or did you custom order?

Damn I ask alot of questions.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you can afford it, order now. That way as the prices goes up and down, you will get the lowest price available. You can change your order any time up untill three months from when you want delivery. I asked and the salesman told me that I could even change it from an 07 to an 08 when the time comes. Plus you can pay on it untill you pick it up and it will be interest free payments that do not have any finance charges. Effectively making a larger down payment.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HankJr
Nice! How did the prices fare against dealer prices? What was the time between order and delivery and did you go with one in inventory or did you custom order?

Damn I ask alot of questions.

Well, I'm on Okinawa so I hadn't even seen a 2dr until a few weeks ago. Now they have four on the lot for delivery on the island(you can ship back when you're done here). I put the deposit down back in Oct and it's waiting for me on a lot in Jax Fl right now. I land about 2030 two weeks from tommorow and I'll be at the dealers the next day as they open.

The deal I got was really good. I doubt I got the best deal out of everyone here, but it would have to be pretty darn close. But that was when the rebate was 3x as much and before they did the two price increases. Basically 22,300 for 2dr x, S pkg, auto, dual top, 17's with 32's and limited slip which gets the dana 44. No upgrades like stereo or power group.

So I'm pretty happy. Tell me a TJ owner who paid 22k for all that.

That was without haggling. I'm not even sure if you can haggle with these guys. I've heard they also have some sort of payment matching plan if you're making payments overseas while you don't have the car yet, but it needs to be 6 mo's out from your return date(I was late by 3 weeks). I don't know anything about that program though so you'l have to ask them.

Hope this helps and be safe!
Matt
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattbenn8
Well, I'm on Okinawa so I hadn't even seen a 2dr until a few weeks ago. Now they have four on the lot for delivery on the island(you can ship back when you're done here). I put the deposit down back in Oct and it's waiting for me on a lot in Jax Fl right now. I land about 2030 two weeks from tommorow and I'll be at the dealers the next day as they open.

The deal I got was really good. I doubt I got the best deal out of everyone here, but it would have to be pretty darn close. But that was when the rebate was 3x as much and before they did the two price increases. Basically 22,300 for 2dr x, S pkg, auto, dual top, 17's with 32's and limited slip which gets the dana 44. No upgrades like stereo or power group.

So I'm pretty happy. Tell me a TJ owner who paid 22k for all that.

That was without haggling. I'm not even sure if you can haggle with these guys. I've heard they also have some sort of payment matching plan if you're making payments overseas while you don't have the car yet, but it needs to be 6 mo's out from your return date(I was late by 3 weeks). I don't know anything about that program though so you'l have to ask them.

Hope this helps and be safe!
Matt

That sounds like what I'm looking for in general with the exception of the auto. Still torn between 2dr v. 4dr. Good stuff.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default X model

We bought ours on January 4, 2007. Sticker was $19660, wrangler X 2dr with 6 spd. After telling the dealer I wanted my payment lower than the figures they had, he used another person at chrysler's discount to get me a price of $18530He even gave me the guy's name in case chrysler called me to follow up. I have never heard of that before but it lowered the price so I didn't care how he got it that way. He said Chrysler employees get a certain number of employee discount numbers every year and they cxn give them to other people to use. Whetether that is BS or not I don't know, but even the finance guy made sure I had this other giuy's name in case they checked on it.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered my 4dr, Unlimited Rubicon, Jeep Green, Tow, Power upgrade, both tops, sirius, floor mats, engine block heater (MN), manual...for approximately 32K, I have a supplier affiliate program, knocked it down to 29K.

Still awaiting delivery, I fall asleep by counting jeeps versus sheeps, cannot wait.

Kachad
Old 02-13-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

I also got mine from Steve White in Hickory NC. 7 hour drive but well worth it, invoice 24010 got it for 22400 beat the pants off of the dealers around here. I Found them on EBAY also.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default the little i know...

i bought my 2dr from my buddy here in ct.
anyone will sell at invoice, because, well, ANY ONE WILL SELL AT INVOICE.
there are so many hidden rewards to dealers, you wouldnt believe it.
keep in mind theres very little money in an 18000 2 dr x
there is around 3000 to work with in a 4dr sahara or rubi
you can always find one for invoice, sometimes below.
you can bargain with discounts on mopar stuff. ol changes and stuff like that.
Old 02-13-2007, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepingib
If you are in Afghanistan you should really check out the AAFES purchase program. I just ordered a Rubicon, but I also priced a X at the same time. With 4.10's, Anti-Spin Diff. 6 speaker system, Sirius, Power Convenience group, 23s quick order package, and Hard top, came out to $24,845.00
I forgot to mention that MSRP for that was $26,760.00
Old 02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Post Got my at $25047 in Canadian dollors

I ordered my Sahara with MSRP: $28,255 (Canadian $). By using the employee discount, i only need to pay $25047 . I hope i had a good deal.
But i am still waiting for my deam JK

Quick Reply: Who got the best deal on a 07 Wrangler X