Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why all the Four Door Jk haters?

Old 03-03-2011, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have preferred the 4 dr, more room. But the jeep is for the wife to drive to work, and she loves it. Not too big, easy to park, handles great.
A jeep is a jeep, 2 dr or 4 dr, no hate from this guy.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by utahcrawler
longer wheelbase is better at climbing, I lose ground on tight turns. With
Not sure about that

Anyway, to answer your question, the Wrangler is supposed to respect the design of the (real) jeep Willis and CJ. And, adding 2 doors to this legend truck, it's a kind of mistake somewhere... my 2 cents

However, I bought the JKU because I felt in love with this badass truck. Bigger and I like the design of the full door model when the top is down. Looks like a bit like the H1
Old 03-03-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

ya one of my best friends owned a '88, and now a '97, and he hated the new jeeps, thought they had too much plastic, lost all its trailing capabilities, so on and so forth...and then i rolled up to his house with my 2010, and he shit his pants..mine was stock, his 2 in lift with 33's..went trailin that nite, smoked him in everything..mine however is a 2 door..at first i didnt like the 4 doors..thought u guys would lose alot of ground over us 2 door guys..then i seen some with work done..and damn, i almost wish i shelled out the extra cash to get one..i still love mine tho haha
Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Have a 4 door JK, basic trail obs: longer wheelbase is better at climbing, I lose ground on tight turns. With good skids/lift breakover angle hasn't really been an issue.

I have four boys, to go wheeling I don't have to decide which one to leave home.

Why all the four door haters? What exactly is 'wrong' with the four door?

Had somebody once tell me they are not as fun because it is so much easier to go over obstacles and wheel in

Also told because they are more comfortable on road, not a real jeep
I don't hate 4 Door Jeepers and I Jeep Wave at JKU's. I think most 2 Door Guys think 1) A 2 Door is closer to Jeep Heritage. 2) There are lots of Soccer Mom's driving JKU's.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Why all the four door haters?
Because people like jeeps...?
Old 03-03-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was up in the air for 2 door or 4 door I have owned everything from a CJ5, Cherokee Chief, CJ7, YJ, and 2 TJ's. It was time to upgrade and use the Jeep as a DD. Originally I really wantd a 2 door, the wife wanted a 2 door too. But I got to thinking and made a point about needingit for work, moving larger objects and how in the TJ, I was stuck one day only able to move 3 boxes.
So I convinced the wife 4 door was way to go and really, she has been happier than me.
If I was looking to build a mainly off road Jeep, maybe, just maybe, I'd go with a 2 door, but the room and amount of gear that I can carry is nice. Not to mention, when 2 kayaks are on it, it doesn't look weird compared to the TJ.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been spending some time in this forum and this is the only thread I've read something about hating 4 doors

"longer wheelbase is better at climbing"
"Had somebody once tell me they are not as fun because it is so much easier to go over obstacles and wheel in"
How do you get to this?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wrangler07
Oh hey, that's another story! If you're driving a four door and trying to wave at the ladies there's really no point. They won't see you as they'll be too busy waving at us cute guys in the two doors!
Did you really just refer to yourself as cute? Your 2dr is "cute," but my 4dr is bad ass! haha

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon

Anyway, to answer your question, the Wrangler is supposed to respect the design of the (real) jeep Willis and CJ. And, adding 2 doors to this legend truck, it's a kind of mistake somewhere... my 2 cents

However, I bought the JKU because I felt in love with this badass truck. Bigger and I like the design of the full door model when the top is down. Looks like a bit like the H1
If it was such a mistake, then why'd you buy it?

Sorry to get upset, but I get frustrated with the haters myself - I've got two kids and two dogs, and the only way I'd get to have my dream Jeep was with a 4dr. I still respect the dudes with CJs, YJs, and TJs, but I do so from my rig, which is still a Jeep, regardless of whether or not you agree.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

When I first got my 07 JKU a friend asked why I didn't just buy a H****r. I said number one it isn't a Jeep, and number two, the roof and doors don't come off.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JDScott10
Did you really just refer to yourself as cute? Your 2dr is "cute," but my 4dr is bad ass! haha....
I was camped at Lassen Volcano National Park and the camp hostess came up (this was in 2007, so the Unlimiteds were new) and commented that she thought my Jeep was "cute". I was a bit miffed, but bit my tongue. As the conversation continued, I learned that her husband, now deceased, used to mechanic for Paul Newman at Baja. I guess she can call my Jeep cute, but no one else has since!

Quick Reply: Why all the Four Door Jk haters?