Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why all the Four Door Jk haters?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Daves11JK
When I first got my 07 JKU a friend asked why I didn't just buy a H****r. I said number one it isn't a Jeep, and number two, the roof and doors don't come off.
The standard reply to that is, "You're my friend. I thought you'd be offended if I propositioned your [wife/girlfriend]!"
Old 03-03-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that SOME of the Jeep purists do look down their nose at the four door. It did open the door to those evil soccer moms after all (the end of the world is near).

The two door folks with plenty of mods don't wave unless I have my top off. They just assume it's a mall crawler.

I could try driving it around muddy all the time...
Old 03-03-2011, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

People are jealous that JKU owners can comfortably fit more people, and still do everything a 2 door can do.

I had a TJ literally shake his head at me yesterday as I waved to him, not sure if it was because I had a JK, or a 4 door, or both. But it made me laugh.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Honestly at first, I thought the 4 doors looked a little funny, kind of like a stretched limo. But after daily driving my 2010 2 door Sport for almost 1 year, I wish I would have stepped up to an Unlimited. I am a big guy, I have kids and I do a fair amount of travelling so the extra room would have been great! I love the look of the Unlimiteds lifted on some 37" or 40" tires, so much so that I am considering trading up when the 2012s come out with the new motor! For now, I just can't wait for the nice weather to roll around so I can pop the top and enjoy what I have!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's just like when hair plugs were developed. Those guys wearing toupee's laughed and pointed and made fun of the hair plugs. But then they realized that the new system was much more efficient and dependable, but they still kept their toupee's because of tradition. Meanwhile, those with hair plugs started making lot's of friends because of their new, badass look.

Still haven't figured out why 2 door owners won't wave at 4 door owners?
While us 4 door owners are driving in the sun with all our friends and the top down with our glorious hair plugs flowing in the wind, the 2 door owners have to keep one hand on the wheel and the other on their head to keep their toupee from flying off.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

I get inconsistent jeep waves, even from JKU owners.......
Old 03-03-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

Let'um hate

According to this poll almost 2/3 of forum members have 4 doors.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Door-or-4-Door
Old 03-03-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

I had a "conversation" with a friend of a friend on Facebook not too long ago and she was dissing the JKU's and saying that she doesn't wave to them because they are *not* real Jeeps. I pointed out to her that there are people who feel the same way about the Wranglers with square headlights (like hers). I told her I wave at all of the Wranglers (and older forms) no matter what they are. She saw the light and said she would wave to the JKU's.

By the way, I am transitioning from a 2 door to a 4 door tonight. I got tired of leaving the Jeep at home when we went on vacation. If 4 doors mean I get to drive it more then 4 doors it is.

Last edited by bstpierre; 04-12-2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Added a missing *not*
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let me add I bought a 2 door because my kids are grown, now we have Grandkids with 2 carseats its a REAL PIA to get them in and strapped in a 2 dr. I see the need for 4 doors as there is no sidecar option lol. Wheel on!
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

ive heard people call them " the soccer mom jeep"
my mom drives a 4 door and i dont play soccer. i think the 4 doors are kind of a middle finger to hummer since they arent in production any more. no more crampin the jeep style with hummers.
why hate on a 4 door? its like a 2 door, but just a little better. the only haters i see are the ones in FJ losers (cruisers) no offense if you have one.

Last edited by JeepDude90; 03-03-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Why all the Four Door Jk haters?