Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why you should look before you leap. JK Down...

Old 05-19-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by citizennobody
just curious...do ALL insurance companies cover off-road accidents?
I've used the same insurance agent for many many years. I once asked him what he would do if I crashed my sports car while driving it on a closed race track some weekend. He told me he'd cover it and then cancel all of my auto insurance policies.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow man some of you guys are harsh i sure hope that none of you ever fuck up in your life. I mean come on I posted the picks just as many of you post them showing what happens when stuff goes wrong give me a break. I know i messed up but if you can see from the pictures the grass was low and yes I did have all my lights on and still didn't see the ditch. By the time i saw it i was looking at it through my drivers window.
I usually take my time and watch out for the hazards but i messed up thinking that this clear field was clear.

ON another note:
The insurance adjuster is looking at it and said the damages are around 12000 so far and climbing. I sure as hell hope they don't total it since i owe a little more than it is worth. It does look like they are going to be able to fix it but it is going to have more new parts than i can put in this post. I just hope they can get the parts and that chrysler doesn't have any of the ones i need on back order.

Well not to be all pissed off and all but I appreciate some of you guys understanding as to the rest of you: you know what i think:

PEACE
Old 05-19-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Wow, that was stupid, glad you're okay. Most of us have done much worse, you'll get through this. I bet you could find a lot of the parts you need around here, if you don't go the insurance route. I've got a new lift and bumper on the way, I'm sure there are a thousand others that do too.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
-

Originally Posted by 07rubi07
Wow man some of you guys are harsh i sure hope that none of you ever fuck up in your life. I mean come on I posted the picks just as many of you post them showing what happens when stuff goes wrong give me a break. I know i messed up but if you can see from the pictures the grass was low and yes I did have all my lights on and still didn't see the ditch. By the time i saw it i was looking at it through my drivers window.
I usually take my time and watch out for the hazards but i messed up thinking that this clear field was clear.

ON another note:
The insurance adjuster is looking at it and said the damages are around 12000 so far and climbing. I sure as hell hope they don't total it since i owe a little more than it is worth. It does look like they are going to be able to fix it but it is going to have more new parts than i can put in this post. I just hope they can get the parts and that chrysler doesn't have any of the ones i need on back order.

Well not to be all pissed off and all but I appreciate some of you guys understanding as to the rest of you: you know what i think:

PEACE
I hear your pain.............the annonimity of the internet is awesome. this is a great forum with alot of good advice. Sometimes you have to pick through the junk to get to the good stuff. Remember that most people will judge you on what you do. The smart people will judge you on your ability to admit the mistakes you make, learn from them , make corrections and move on. Good luck on getting your Jeep on the road.

Last edited by huskerjk7; 05-19-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well look at it this way, you just became a point man for a recon unit,
just be glad you and other's survived

Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ON another note:

PEACE
Holy SH@T $12000, Feel for you man! I think alot of peeps on this site just think it's way cooler to bash your axle and rip off stuff from underneath your jeep going 1mph over rocks rather than 20-30mph sliding through a field and flipping To me I think it's all good and shit happens. You play, you pay , no matter what scale. I broke an axle in my CJ trying to bark the tires in a Wendy's drive through. Anyway, hope you get things right and brave the field once again and dominate it! Without damage of course.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

ON another note:

PEACE
I'm not going to say your stupid or anything like that... However, I think you should take the criticism as a way to imprint the learning experience in your mind.... This actually reminds me of something.

Let me tell you a story about Evelyn (my cousin):

Evelyn was out one night with a few friend romping in a jeep near some river beds. Near the river were little washed out areas and wet muddy open areas not all that different from what I saw in your pics. The only difference was that the area they were playing in was right next to nice little river (not raging, not deep). It was a lazy shallow river and a beautiful night. The driver decided to put it in four high and have a little fun. Like you, they hit a little washed out area and flipped the jeep upside down in about 3-4 inches of water. Everyone crawled out of the jeep laughing and joking until they realized that Evelyn was missing. After searching for about 20 minutes, they found her pinned under the roll bar in 4" of water. The river bed was so soft that the jeep actually pushed her into the mud where she drowned. The examiner 's findings were that she had absolutely no other injuries. She just drowned.

Point is... the driver was just having some fun. He'll have to live with that accident for the rest of his life... I seriously hope he's ok mentally... Shit happens...But I'm sure that night is imprinted on his mind and will never go away.

The imprint the critics on this forum are trying to leave is nothing compared to the imprint that could have been made...
Old 05-19-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

man, glad everyone is ok...live and learn I guess
Old 05-20-2008, 12:20 AM
JK Newbie

Its all good, your ok and so is everyone else... Jeeps can be replaced.

I rolled my Tj in my backyard doing 'nuts, showing off for the neighborhood kids, about the 3rd time around my TSL's (had less than 100 miles on them) grabbed and sent me for a 3/4 roll. I didnt have a belt on (in the backyard, whats going to happen) and got tossed around abit, nothing major, but couldnt get to the key in time and drysumped the motor.

Insurance company fixed all but the motor because it didnt happen in the roll, it happened afterwards. I took it to a body shop and paid the guy $75 and they changed the color, got an aftermarket hood and they took the price off my deductable. I would try to find a shop that will work with you...

My insuance went up for a couple years but thats the price you pay, "never wheel past your limits of your checkbook". We all do, even if its in the mall parking lot...

Its all good man, you'll be laughing in a couple weeks, or months, or years, or...
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 AM
JK Jedi

Sucks about the Jeep, at least everyone was ok.

Quick Reply: Why you should look before you leap. JK Down...