Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wtf were they thinking?

Old 04-15-2007, 09:36 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the white. It makes it look more utilitarian.
Look more utilitarian - how do you figure that?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by possumface
is there some kind of paint on the top maybe its a money thing , cheaper to not paint inside black :confused:
Gotta agree with possumface, with DCs track record of leaving things off (footwell lights, underhood lights, hood insulation and bump stops, cargo tie-down loops, etc.), this must be just another deleted item to save money.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm personnally thinking of having it line-x'd a grey color if at all possible when I get mine because the white will show to much dirt and oily hand prints if you ask me.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:18 PM
JLK
JK Newbie

I think they should have made the tops white on the outside like a FJ... OK maybe not.

Last edited by JLK; 04-15-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by low4life
I'm personnally thinking of having it line-x'd a grey color if at all possible when I get mine because the white will show to much dirt and oily hand prints if you ask me.
I wonder how that would affect the weight for storage and removal, as well as seating it properly in place. But a good idea - something to consider for sure.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Jedi

I'm sure white is the color of the material. If they painted it black it wouldn't seem as bright and spacious. Gray like the interior would have been nice but just more to get scratched. I'm sure the main reason behind it was cost savings.
Anyway with a headliner its just another thing to colect dust etc. The white doesn't bother me. No real complaint here.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I believe the hardtop by bestop has a liner
Old 04-15-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RonFDNY77
Yes, it does. I wouldn't mind it as I think I will use my hard top for foul weather street riding, and put my soft top on for dusty wheeling. I think I like the weight savings and the Jeep seems less top heavy with it. Most of the time I run no top or a mesh Safari.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RonFDNY77
It sure does! That's what I'll be getting whenever I actually get my JK. I really don't like DC's freedom top. Bestop's seems really nice. The only thing missing is a rear wiper, but I'd rather go without that than have the ugly, white interior.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:45 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Karla
It sure does! That's what I'll be getting whenever I actually get my JK. I really don't like DC's freedom top. Bestop's seems really nice. The only thing missing is a rear wiper, but I'd rather go without that than have the ugly, white interior.
You wont miss the wiper much, maybe if you live in the snow belt. I cant see much more than my spare out the back window anyway. Besides to have the wiper you would need to get the wire harness and have your computer flashed.
I think the bestop is more money though if I'm correct.

The white interior just isn't an issue for me. I think getting the freedom top and doing your own liner luck some have done is also an option. You may find that you dont mind the white interior.

Quick Reply: wtf were they thinking?