Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wtf were they thinking?

Old 04-15-2007, 09:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think all the wrangler hard tops have white inside. My YJ was the same way.
Simple fix. I taped off the windows and spray painted it 2 coats close to the color of my interior. It looked great! ...and it looked stock too. I'll probably do the same when I get a JK.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the CJ's and Wranglers all came with white interiored hardtops. Its just something they've done for forever, probably because its cheapest.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
You wont miss the wiper much, maybe if you live in the snow belt. I cant see much more than my spare out the back window anyway. Besides to have the wiper you would need to get the wire harness and have your computer flashed.
I think the bestop is more money though if I'm correct.

The white interior just isn't an issue for me. I think getting the freedom top and doing your own liner luck some have done is also an option. You may find that you dont mind the white interior.
True true. I was fortunate to test drive a JK for a weekend, and didn't really mind the white. I just thought it looked ugly and it showed a lot of dirt (apparently I wasn't the only fortunate soul who was able to test drive the vehicle for a weekend).

I thought about painting the interior to match the inside, but the insulation sounded like a nice addition. I guess I could have it added aftermarket, but I wonder how much that costs.

As for the price of the Bestops, it's only a little more money when compared to an aftermarket Freedom Top.

Quick Reply: wtf were they thinking?