Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

x or rubicon?

Old 03-13-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went through this and bought an x instead. I only do mild offroading. I got a stripo with vinyl seats that had the tiny wheels and tires. I then got takeoff rubi. wheels/tires and front bumper w/ hooks/lights. Now I get the looks/tires of the rubi without the big price or the high gearing. I really don't have a need of the 4:10 gearing and get better gas mileage this way. All this for 18k + 1k in takeoff stuff and zero % financing; you cant beat that. Also I perfer the vinyl seats that are easy to wash off.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

I bought an x, but wished i got a rubicon.

Why?

1. Front lockers.
2. Bfg's.
3. Sliders.
4. TRANSFER CASE
5. RESALE VALUE
Old 03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
JK Super Freak

tboth09 -- So, what model did you end up buying, or are considering buying?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:19 PM
JK Newbie

i am still debating. i would be doing mild offroading so an x appears that it would suit me just fine but i could see how the transfer case of the rubi would help me out already and the ease of the disco's on the rubi i like. and i wouldnt want to get stuck in a situation where i wish i had the rubi. i also like that d44 front axle that comes with the rubi. i am still not sure though
Old 03-14-2009, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

i would be buying used regardless of what i went with but if i did go with the x is it possible to go to the dealer and have them in stall the factory rear locker and disco's?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would take SONIC's advice. If you wanna go friggin huge, go X. Otherwise, go Rubi. I love my Rubi... I haven't driven an X, but I don't think I'd want to give up the 4:1 4lo of my Rubi while offroad. The rockrails and swaybars/lockers are nice too. Yeah, you can put that stuff on an X, but it's a hassle.

Also, it's nice to know I can go "pretty damn big" (2-3" lift, 35's, etc) without having to go crazy beefing up drivetrain parts, etc. 4 shocks, 4 coils, 4 wheel spacers, and 4 tires = good to go.

Quick Reply: x or rubicon?