Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

you think warranty will cover this?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default you think warranty will cover this?

a couple of years ago i brought my JK into a dealer with a squeak from the rear passenger side.
the dealer charged me 50 bucks to tell me the brake had mud and sand in it, and thats why it squeaked.
they cleaned it, and gave it back to me.

it still squeaks. i figured it was a scratch in the brake pads or disc. no biggy. changed to pads... still squeaks.
no scratches on the disc, kinda sounded like it was coming from the emergency brake... but i still don't get grab on it.

i spun the disc and noticed a wobble... looks like the squeak is from a bent axle shaft. Im going to bring it to a new dealer, cause i'm tired of dealing with the clowns i bought it from. there is a dealer that is trying to become a sponcer of our local club... i figured i'll take it there.

thought i would post it up and keep u guys posted.
wish me luck!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

good luck
Old 07-06-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

squeak if its coming from drive shaft u will blow ur transfer case, that what happen with me..i notis sounds coming from drive shaft. i went to z dealer they said is coming from ur suspension and lift kits after afew days my transfer blow and i fix anew transfer case + drive shift with right angles.

if ur shaft angel wrong u will feel viabrating coming from ur gear at 120KM (70M).

good luck
Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

so yesterday i brought my jeep into the dealer and explained my situation... the dealer asked me if i've been off roading... i said of course!

he thought about it for a second.... and said, "well what chrysler doesn't know won't hurt them!"

they brought it in to take a look at it, and said both axle shafts are bent. sandy brake pads my eye!

he told me they will fix it under warrenty as long as my old dealer didn't flag the jeep.

got a call today.. parts are ordered and everything is good to go.

i guess that goes to show there are still good dealers out there!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bareass
so yesterday i brought my jeep into the dealer and explained my situation... the dealer asked me if i've been off roading... i said of course!

he thought about it for a second.... and said, "well what chrysler doesn't know won't hurt them!"

they brought it in to take a look at it, and said both axle shafts are bent. sandy brake pads my eye!

he told me they will fix it under warrenty as long as my old dealer didn't flag the jeep.

got a call today.. parts are ordered and everything is good to go.

i guess that goes to show there are still good dealers out there!
Not that it matters to me cause im not up in Canada, but you should name the dealer for others in your area...

Then, I would send the service manager a link to this thread. Give them some credit for doing the right thing. There are not too many stories being told here of dealerships "doing the right thing"...

Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

That's a good dealer, keep them on your good side and recommend them to friends. I'm sure you've read many threads about piss poor dealers. It's good to see a friendly dealer out there and on your side.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmat1980
Not that it matters to me cause im not up in Canada, but you should name the dealer for others in your area...

Then, I would send the service manager a link to this thread. Give them some credit for doing the right thing. There are not too many stories being told here of dealerships "doing the right thing"...

Maybe I am paranoid, but I would not name the dealer. If anyone from Chyrsler corporate read the quote the dealer said about "what Chyrsler don't know" and knew they were honoring a warrenty they might have voided, on a modified Wrangler that had actually been offroad, who knows what they would do to the dealer.

I fear you may actually hurt a dealer by publicly identifying them as one who defied Chyrslers obvious unwritten policy to avoid honoring warrenties on even slightly modded Jeeps.

That is my level of distrust of Chyrsler corporate, based on the many horror stories on this and other forums.

Last edited by Yankee; 07-08-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default wendell motors

Wendell motors on fairways has always been good to me for both my jeeps. Brought my LJ in with a long arm and they have replaced axle shafts, hubs all under warranty. I have brought the JK in for other things and they ask me all kinds of offroading questions because they th.ink it is cool. They have never turned anything down
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

the dealer is under the microscope already from chysler corp. so i won't post up the name.
i'm already giving them praises on the local jeep club's forum. its a paid membership so unless chysler sends a spy over to a club meet and pay a membership fee... i think it will be prety safe!

i thought going to any dealer would be a complete waste of time... i had no faith in dealers at all, until i heard the stories of this dealer, and now, experience them for myself.

sp. rubi spike .... its not wendell that i'm talking about, but if they are working for the custumers too then thats also great.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad you got that covered! I've been dicked around too many times by the dealer I bought mine from, and the other dealer in the area just always seems unhelpful (at best). The dealer I bought mine from even sponsors some of the local 4wd stuff! Bunch of ass-clowns.

Quick Reply: you think warranty will cover this?