Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Your after thought after your purchase....???

Old 03-08-2007, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as tinted windows go...do any of you know if you can tint the plastic windows like you would a glass window, or do you just have to buy the tinted ones aftermarket?
Old 03-08-2007, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got a 2dr Rubi and the only thing that I may regret is:

not getting a 4 dr but I did not want to wait for ever, and all or the 4dr's that I found where autos. This is not my main family car so I don't really think it will be the much of an issue.

Other then that I'm very pleased with this Jeep and VERY happy it is in my drive way
Old 03-09-2007, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my 4 door JK Sahara to replace a few cars- 1- Convertible- 1 daily driver- 1 - winter pick up.

All in all its Great. Minor things here and there- but it happens with all American cars IMO.

So Far so good. I love how it looks and I love it being 4 doors.

There are a few things that bother me that I am working on to resolve b/c the dealer isn't coming up with the answers.

Other than that I Love it.

Its FUN
Old 03-09-2007, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

4.10 gears!!!!! i wish i had them! and a hardtop possible
Old 03-09-2007, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Mine came with a few options. I bought the one 4 door 4WD they had at the dealership.

Came with Auto, Hard Top, Air, 4.10 with Dana 44, 16 inch wheels with 225/75 tires.....Not really much more....

I purchased it last week, and so far I have added the following:

265/75 16 on the stock wheels
Rock rails
Hitch
Driver mirror mounted to the windshield (for when the doors are off)
Slush mats

I think cruise control would be nice....dual tops would probably be nice....I live in Atlanta and have had the doors and top off twice this week....already getting tired of taking the top on and off....I am going to add a hoist for the top in my garage this weekend.

I would also liked to have had the sirius radio and trac-lok rear....

It does feel a little under powered and gets poor gas mileage....but still love it so far....
Old 03-09-2007, 05:16 PM
JK Freak

I would of chosen a different dealer. They are still yanking me around for the sirius radio that was supposed to be in there from day one. Other then that, nothing really.

Now if I could change anything I would put the door lock button next to the power window button. It makes no sense to me as to why the hell it's on the doors. I have had two, two door cars. Door locks and power windows go in the center!
Old 03-09-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Freak

I've only had mine for 4 days, but I had a TJ before that and the ride quality/comfort is alot better. The seats are much more comfortable, and the sirius radio is great (had portable XM in the TJ and reception was bad). The transmission shifts smoother, and not near as much engine/tranny noise. Even though at first I didn't really care about the PW,PL, remote keyless entry, now I have to say I love it. Like I said, its only been 4 days, but man its so much more comfortable.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:23 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2door (dont regret that)
got a rubi (no regrets there)
I didn't get a 6disc, just got the sat (no regrets all I listen to is the sat)
I got dual tops (kinda regret it and wish I had just got a hard top but its good to have in the summer)
6 spd (no regrets what so ever, its a blast to drive, the auto was boring)
power option ( a must in my opinion)
I got silver because it was available (in the beginning I wanted red rock but after seeing the silver I really have no regrets)
Did not get the tow pkg (becuase I was getting an aftermarket rear bumper)
tinted windows (no regrets becuase I am never happy with aftermarket tint jobs)

overall I am in love with my jeep, wouldn't trade it for anything.

Last edited by TEV; 03-09-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

I got the 4-door Sahara - Steel Blue - Auto - dual top's - SAT - and 18's. Just bought front and rear Lod bumpers......front installed rear on a dock some where:sad: I love my Jeep but I still wonder if I should have gotten a Rubi. Thing that sold me most on the Sahara are the painted fenders I really like the look . The thing I like most about the Rubi are the tires and..........well it's a Rubi. I figure down the road I can alway's get bigger tires.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I should have bought a 4 door instead of the 2 door.

Quick Reply: Your after thought after your purchase....???