Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Got Fence? Border in Jacumba, CA

Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKX
thats pretty cool looking! but... it looks like it stops at the mountain... if i was a mexican... i would go around.
"
Easier said than done - if you saw the terrain up front and personal you would understand. The USBP has a much smaller area to watch. People out here like the fence - we don't have to worry about bandits any more.

I'm told by a contractor the steel is of an alloy that doesn't need to be painted. This is a short section of the fence and it would be near impossible to keep it painted. There are even larger sections.

Fence through Imperial San Dunes:

Old 02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

I have done sections here in S. AZ and have posted all the pictures on my web site since there are so many..

www.ccrw.biz

In one area here they are using radar to spot the crossers..

Now that little gate is interesting. You could give out maps or other tourist info there.. Maybe seel some pizza to the guys waiting to cross into the U.S.A.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by johnnyd
Easier said than done - if you saw the terrain up front and personal you would understand. The USBP has a much smaller area to watch. People out here like the fence - we don't have to worry about bandits any more.

I'm told by a contractor the steel is of an alloy that doesn't need to be painted. This is a short section of the fence and it would be near impossible to keep it painted. There are even larger sections.

Fence through Imperial San Dunes:

It wouldn't seem too long before winds could create a nice walking path right over the fence. Does the border patrol regularly come through with "sand plows?"
Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats what i would think the sand would form a mound that they can just hop right over... what if they pole - vault over?
Old 02-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
It wouldn't seem too long before winds could create a nice walking path right over the fence. Does the border patrol regularly come through with "sand plows?"
Give it a weeks worth of Glamis wind and that fence will be buried under a new dune.. They must plow it pretty often
Old 02-11-2009, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Nice pics, wish I could do some desert wheeling
Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
The fence in the dunes 'floats' - as the sand shifts they lift it with a forklift and set it back down. They have 'sand plowed' the road a few time already - imagine the expense?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice shots of a big ass fence.

i think a lemonade stand would be useful at the gate. i got thirsty just looking at the pictures.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:10 PM
JK Junkie

If I owned "Orange Crush" I would paint a 01 on the door and just Dukes of Hazard it right over
Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyd
The fence in the dunes 'floats' - as the sand shifts they lift it with a forklift and set it back down. They have 'sand plowed' the road a few time already - imagine the expense?
so its kinda like a giant slinky

Quick Reply: Got Fence? Border in Jacumba, CA