Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Houston Area Trails

Old 07-31-2015, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston Area Trails

Any one know any good spots near Houston?

I have been on many of the beaches (but cleaning the sand out of the Jeep is getting old real quick....) and now I am looking for something further inland.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

There's Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch in Bryan - a group from the Texas 4 Wheel Drive Association will be out there tomorrow (August 1st). Then there's Down South Offroad Park in Crosby and General Sam's Offroad Park in Huntsville but I think they both cater more towards mudding than trails. The biggest / best places to go seem to be Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area north of Gilmer (northeast of Tyler) and Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls (out past Austin).
Old 07-31-2015, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MB_Pathfinder
There's Brazos Valley Off-Road Ranch in Bryan - a group from the Texas 4 Wheel Drive Association will be out there tomorrow (August 1st). Then there's Down South Offroad Park in Crosby and General Sam's Offroad Park in Huntsville but I think they both cater more towards mudding than trails. The biggest / best places to go seem to be Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area north of Gilmer (northeast of Tyler) and Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls (out past Austin).
I was looking at both of those but they are a good drive away. I guess I'll have to make a weekend out of either of those
Old 08-01-2015, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bob987909
I was looking at both of those but they are a good drive away. I guess I'll have to make a weekend out of either of those
That's really the only way you can do either Barnwell or Hidden Falls. The good news is that both have camping and cabins if you reserve early enough. There's a big meet at Hidden Falls over Labor Day weekend.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MB_Pathfinder
That's really the only way you can do either Barnwell or Hidden Falls. The good news is that both have camping and cabins if you reserve early enough. There's a big meet at Hidden Falls over Labor Day weekend.
How is Texas Off Road Ranch? I have heard they are a good place to go wheeling
Old 08-05-2015, 05:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bob987909
How is Texas Off Road Ranch? I have heard they are a good place to go wheeling
I haven't really heard anything negative about that place, but I haven't been there myself. Right now, their website says that they're closed until further notice. The Houston Jeep People meetup group was going to do an Offroad 101 training session there a couple of weeks ago but had to move it to BVORR.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:05 AM
JK Newbie

I heard the other day that Texas Offroad Ranch has tax problems so there's no telling when they'll open back up.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Whatever happened to the trails near Spring Creek? I remember wheeling some pretty decent trails around that area back in the mid 90's. They must have developed it since then or shut it down somehow?

Quick Reply: Houston Area Trails