Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Memorial Day Moab run

Old 05-28-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Memorial Day Moab run

I got back this afternoon after spending a few days in Moab! Perfect wheeling weather monday and tuesday! We went to BFE monday and were surprised by a million hippies leaving Desert Rocks...a concert for hippies to come spend the night, get high, stink, and leave their smelly shoes in the parking lot....fun times....I followed the group down to Upper Helldorado where I parked and watched the other 3 rigs in my group make it up this short, yet pretty interesting trail....you can walk it in 5 minutes.....takes a while longer to get 3 rigs through it.

Tuesday started off with the UT state trooper pulling us over in town on our way to Metal Masher. Gave us the warnings about fenders and mirrors, etc....let us go. Phew. Made it to the parking lot at the bottom of the canyon and the driver of the TJ in our group noticed the fuel pressure falling fast. Pulled apart the fuel cell and fixed a loose clamp on a pickup hose. 20 minute fix and we are on our way up to the trailhead. We get 200 yards from the start, and the blue XJ stops. Clutch hydraulic line sprung a leak, and squirted fluid all over the intake manifold and caught fire. We got it out fast enough that only 1 injector line got crispy...still works though. We left it there and went on our way...only in all the excitement, we missed the turn and ended up finding our way to the middle of Metal Masher and ran the rest of it "backwards".

This isn't an extreme trail by any means. There are some optional obstacles that I wasnt going to even try, but the JK performed flawlessly on the trail. There are some better pics of the small ledge climb I made it up with no problems. I will post those when I get them off another guys camera. THe shocks bottomed out quite a bit, but no worries. I will get new ones. I was relieved to have put the new brake lines on the night before....I needed them....especially in the rear...I also re-routed the ABS wiring back there....I must have found an extra foot of wire on the driver side...stupid factory.

Anyway, all in all it was a great first offroad journey in the JK for me. I will definitely be doing it more often. Around home, and in Moab. Fun times! Here are some pics.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default moab

Nice Pics... We must have just missed ya looked a bit for ya...... from your message on fourcorners.. Looks like you had fun anyway
Old 05-29-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

wow
awsome rigs, good story as well
that rubi looked pretty lieuhbfrvliuhwefv awsome
Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks as scary as it is cool there.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in that first pic, is your tire rubbing on the upper part of the seam, above the cut?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its barely not rubbing. Its about 1 1/2" from hitting the bumpstop. I need extensions. Also it would hit the rear bumper at the same time it hits the pinch seam. I never got a chance to look at the front, but longer bumpstops will be needed there too to keep the stock shocks from bottoming out. I will get new shocks first and see where I am at. I am thinking of the Rock Krawler weld in adjustable bumps. Or maybe Ill get an itch and go for Fox air bumps.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

The Cherokee is awesome!!!!
Old 05-29-2008, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
The Cherokee is awesome!!!!
Which one? The blue one is an XJ too

They are all sweet rigs actually! I just need to make my JK keep up.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:24 AM
JK Jedi

Cool pics!
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like a lot of fun.

Quick Reply: Memorial Day Moab run